• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

DOO GUY with MORE issues

RADNYTROFX

Extreme
1.) MY FINGERS ALMOST FWLL OFF YESTERDAY. my dealer said the hand warmer issue should be fixed by fall. is this what you have heard??????

2.)now that i have the front end better, the skis really come off the ground coming out of corners. my rear blocks are set on medium, but i am thinking if i put them on the hard setting this should help with the transfer?? should i make adjustments to the front or rear limiter straps to help keep the skis on the ground?

3.) fuel milage? i only have 300 miles on this bad boy, ridding aggressive, and only getting 14 mpg! is there a chip on the nytro to burn out to get better in time. after so many hours will the milage get better? seems to be about the same as my 600sdi????

RADNYTROFX said:
1.) MY FINGERS ALMOST FWLL OFF YESTERDAY. my dealer said the hand warmer issue should be fixed by fall. is this what you have heard??????

2.)now that i have the front end better, the skis really come off the ground coming out of corners. my rear blocks are set on medium, but i am thinking if i put them on the hard setting this should help with the transfer?? should i make adjustments to the front or rear limiter straps to help keep the skis on the ground?

3.) fuel milage? i only have 300 miles on this bad boy, ridding aggressive, and only getting 14 mpg! is there a chip on the nytro to burn out to get better in time. after so many hours will the milage get better? seems to be about the same as my 600sdi????

I can only help with #2 you pretty much cannot take the transfer out of the sled without increasing the coupler block in the rear. The little white piece bolted to the rails. You can either glue and experiment with flat rubber on these or Polaris and Arctic Cat ones will fit and they make different thickness ones. I found you need between 3/16" and 1/4" to keep the skis down. Its dependnet on the rider how much they acutally want. If you still want to be able to pop the front end over ditches etc go 1/8" to 3/16" more if you want NO ski lift go 1/4"

Jamie

I havent tried adjusting my limiter strap yet and the rear blocks are set at std, but now after I got my shocks revalved I will start testing it alittle..

With 300 miles on your sled it's not even broke in yet. Give it a couple more hundred miles and you'll start seeing 16 mpg on a regular basis. I ride with a friend who has a 07 REV 600 sdi and I'll average 3-4 tenths of a gallon better then him at fill ups.

Have you tried to adjust the handguards to block most of the wind off your hands. This might be simple but effective fix to cold fingers.

yes, moving the handgards helped but running my hand warmers on high for ten miles they are only warm at the best!!!!!

Pull the limiters down 2 holes, torsion springs on hard, 52 psi in floats, stiffen up rear shock in skid(compression) I dont know about the handwarmers mine have been very warm since day 1

I would kill to get 14 mpg!!!! in the mountains we are thrilled to get 10mpg...

hand warmers are fine on mine, buit my issue was the snow blowing over the hood all day and getting gloves soakerd from outside, just put on the handguards, and no issues Saturday with OVER the hood 3 feet of fres powder!!!

i thought my fingers where gonna fall off

However i was riding my stage IV roadstar warrior.... woohoo... here comes summer i and my one modded out toy that always runs right! :-o

RADNYTROFX said:
The easiest fix is to install a set of gauntlets. The handguards on the FX Nytro are large and will act as a shield, keeping the gauntlets open for easy access.

Swiss Sledder said:
RADNYTROFX said:
The easiest fix is to install a set of gauntlets. The handguards on the FX Nytro are large and will act as a shield, keeping the gauntlets open for easy access.

yes, guantlets work great, but not all are created equal. do yourself a favor and buy some powermadds.

Swiss Sledder said:
RADNYTROFX said:
Gauntlets are very dangreous. Took mine off

I agree with the above, but if you have the right kind, there are no additional safety concerns. Below are the gauntlets from PowerMadd.

14258-Rev-Rea-Frontr.jpg

14258-Snow-Rear-View.jpg

Back