• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Drag n fly question

bigdave

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
14 Viper LTX SE, 14 Viper RTX SE , 08 FX Nytro , 07 FX Phazer, SOON 2017 Sidewinder LTX LE Blue
I have a question I put Turks set up on ,5 and 2
and it runs up to 9300 and some times 9400 and hits the rev limiter
it put a new belt on and same thing what else should I look at ? Belt is sitting right height. Scratching my head maybe I need another belt ?

MUDDER said:
Mine is doing the exact same thing. It is always hitting the rev limiter. I have 5 and 2 as well.

What position of the arm are you running the bolt in center or tip (other then the heel)?

It's funny because I am running the same set up with K&N's and the CR10EK plugs and my RPM's are a bit low...I'm around 8800-8900. My problem could have been my belt (delamenated last ride) and the fact that the trails were not groomed. Once my new belt is broken in and I get out on a groomed trail I'll post any differences I see.

I have seen a very big variance in rpm,s with the Nytro,s exact same set up.
Maybe some sleds are making more hp then others..or centre to centre is off. I have seen sleds run from 8800 to 9200 & higher with the exact same set up.

Well I changed to another new belt and went for a ride on hard packed trail and she shots up 9250 and pulls back to 8900 but I was going 105 on the dream meter never had her over 100 so it must have been the belt I will check the center to center tonight
The clutches seem to be getting a bit hot is venting worth it?or will just suck snow in?

BTW thanks for all the help

Was out this today on the lake and with a new belt couldn't get my RPM's over 8840 (same set up 5 and 2)...should I take a washer from the shoulder or the center or both???

apexer said:
What kind of MPH were you seeing at 8840.

Forgot my GPS so I'm not sure...didn't even look at MPH was more concerened with RPM.

upei93,

you mean you couldn't read it off my rear flap going up the lake? or were you that far behind!

Back