• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

draining battery

It does not stop pulling Voltage, it will be in sleep mode but it will kill your battery. Trust me I have been down this road over and over and I have to unplug the flasher when it sits for more then a week or the sled will be dead.

Great info! It is amazing the wealth of knowledge on this website.
Sure beats having to learn everything the hard way.:)

Must be magic.. everyone I know that leave it plugged in will have dead battery in 2 weeks. I even talk to GAP and they said it will kill battery and there is no way to make it sleep and have zero draw.
No magic other guys I ride with to no issues I was wondering if there was an update one guy has TD and other 2 have hurricane.

No magic other guys I ride with to no issues I was wondering if there was an update one guy has TD and other 2 have hurricane.
No issues here either I left mine plugged in over ther summer (so I don't misplace it..lol) and no issue!!!

I was told by Patrick at GAP: Flasher is connected differently on the Anti-Lag harness since there is a ignition (switched) 12V wire on which its connected. Consumption is therefore null with key at Off. So if you have Anti-Lag there is no issue.

Great info! It is amazing the wealth of knowledge on this website.
Sure beats having to learn everything the hard way.:)

Actually somebody DID learn the hard way then bitched about it on this site!
That's how we take care of each other.................we bitch on this site to vent so we don't beat the kids.............then the rest of us reap the rewards.
Here at TY we have a very Symbiotic relationship.

Bitch......feel better
Read......get better
Tom buys new sleds. It's a Viscous cycle

Actually somebody DID learn the hard way then bitched about it on this site!
That's how we take care of each other.................we bitch on this site to vent so we don't beat the kids.............then the rest of us reap the rewards.
Here at TY we have a very Symbiotic relationship.

Bitch......feel better
Read......get better
Tom buys new sleds. It's a Viscous cycle
Ok now that I've learned that the flasher was the cause of 3 dead batteries I will unplug it now. I also noticed with the key off the battery registers 12.72 volts and with the sled running it registers 11.60 or so. In my experience with autos that latter number would be over 14 volts when running. Am I missing something? Or is it that the alternator on the sled isn't as powerful as an auto.

I learned this lesson too. Ruined my battery. When it's really cold out I unplug it every night. I don't want any early morning surprises.

Hi Guys

The flasher has a sleep algorithm implemented and this was done a while back. When the key is turned off, consumption is so low that it wont drain the battery.

To check this;
-Turn key ON
-Connect the flasher to the sled
-Turn key OFF
-Look at the flashing pattern on the GF LED, it will stop flashing completely thus confirming its asleep.

We did see 1 case where the flasher was defective due to physical damaged and this increased consumption even when at sleep. Quite a special case and would be surprised if we do see another one.

If in doubt, unplug it,

Cheers

Hi Guys

The flasher has a sleep algorithm implemented and this was done a while back. When the key is turned off, consumption is so low that it wont drain the battery.

To check this;
-Turn key ON
-Connect the flasher to the sled
-Turn key OFF
-Look at the flashing pattern on the GF LED, it will stop flashing completely thus confirming its asleep.

We did see 1 case where the flasher was defective due to physical damaged and this increased consumption even when at sleep. Quite a special case and would be surprised if we do see another one.

If in doubt, unplug it,

Cheers
Thank you for clarifying this

Pan

Back