• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Drove all the Vipers today.

fourload

TY 4 Stroke Master
My dealer had a Yamaha Fest today and I got to try all of the 14's out. I was personally a little disappointed at the ride(ROUGH) and darting that the Viper LTX displayed(This is the sled I am interested in). My dealer has a beautiful black 13 leftover Nytro XTX that he let me ride too and I have to say I liked it much better!! Faster(we lined up a Viper LTX with it), no darting with the tuner skis on the Nytro and a smoother ride!!! Wow am I confused!! I can also purhase the Nytro for around 9400.

viper

Wow im surprised. We had demo day here in michigan and i rode 4 different Viper models. All handled way better than my FX Nytro. These demos did have staggered dual carbides on them which would make a difference in darting.

You can see my review in the thread called " would you buy another Viper"

Nothing wrong with the Nytro. They are great sleds. Just in this industry there are a bunch of snobs and whiners. You have to be a real man to drive a Nytro and there are to many girls in this sport.

Buy the Nytro and enjoy it.

In the vipers defense. Likely needs adjustments. My Viper XTX now a MTX drives straighter with less hunting then any sled I have ever driven. My Doo gade 800 is the worst darter ever.

fourload said:
My dealer had a Yamaha Fest today and I got to try all of the 14's out. I was personally a little disappointed at the ride(ROUGH) and darting that the Viper LTX displayed(This is the sled I am interested in). My dealer has a beautiful black 13 leftover Nytro XTX that he let me ride too and I have to say I liked it much better!! Faster(we lined up a Viper LTX with it), no darting with the tuner skis on the Nytro and a smoother ride!!! Wow am I confused!! I can also purhase the Nytro for around 9400.

Which dealer is this? That's a good price on that Nytro.

I have found with my Nytro it handles the best when I am right up close to the tank and have my knees on the side body panels. I have tried it more than once compared to sitting back and "relaxing". Big difference in the twistys

A dealer near me had a Nytro XTX 1.75 2013 model leftover for $8777. I ended up not doing it because the sales rep was such a rude person to me and my father.

Good luck!

The Viper probably needed some adjustments and tuner skis like the Nytro had. I didn't expect to like the Nytro hearing horror stories about its handling but was pleasantly suprised how well it rode and steered. The motor definately was stronger than the Viper too. I will try another Viper that my dealer has together tomorrow to see if I can get it to
ride and steer as good as the xtx Nytro.

Well the viper isn't for everybody but I will say it takes way less money to get it to handle the way you like than the nytro will !

loudelectronics said:
Nothing wrong with the Nytro. They are great sleds. Just in this industry there are a bunch of snobs and whiners. You have to be a real man to drive a Nytro and there are to many girls in this sport.

Buy the Nytro and enjoy it.

In the vipers defense. Likely needs adjustments. My Viper XTX now a MTX drives straighter with less hunting then any sled I have ever driven. My Doo gade 800 is the worst darter ever.

Right on man! ;)!

I rode the vipers today as well. I came away with just the opposite impression. Even without good carbides or proper setup the Viper was head and shoulders above the Nytro. The guy even told us they where bone stock and not setup for any of us.

Some dealers that need to sell sleds seem to have setup issues. Local dealer here that sells Ski Doo and Cat took a friend of mine out and the ski doo got stuck less than the 2014 Cat...LOL! Set them up correctly and THEN compare. To think the Nytro can compare with a correctly set up Viper XTX is laughable. I sold my Supercharged timbersled set up Nytro and had to take 6500.00 to get rid of it. Girlfriend also had a Nytro and I showed her this post and she laughed too, no way she would ever give up her Viper for a Nytro again.

I just bought a 2014 Sr Viper XTX SE and it is so much better than my 2009 Nytro XTX you can't even compare the two

Now that Yamaha has a viable trail chassis why would anyone even consider the nytro. Man no comparison at all. I don't remember the nytro winning any sled comparisons.

But in the OP defense, if the dealer ran a Viper set up the way it comes out of the crate that being ROCK HARD the Nytro might have been even. If you ride a Viper look under to see if front skid shock is set to the top of the threads....if it is I consider it unrideable for me.

I also was at the test ride this weekend. On the way to the ride I drove my friends Nytro. The Nytro fatigued me in the short distance I rode it. The Viper was a nice sled, but for my style of riding I preferred the Apex with power steering.

I had a Nytro and upgraded to a viper ltx. I can tell you they are two different machine's . I had the skinz front end , and evol x shocks along with a fortune in other goodies to make it handle, and while the machine was better than stock you still cannot compare it to the Viper. Even my buddies who ride behind me can tell how much easier the viper is to ride. I don't struggle with the machine, it doesn't wear me out and I am no longer ashamed to let other people ride my sled like I was with the Nytro.

And I think I was man enough to ride the Nytro, I am around 6'2" and 225 lbs without gear!

Back