• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ECP MOD airbox prices.

SUPERTUNER said:
Wait till you all see my Fuel Injection system I am desiging and building here! Billet throttle bodies that Cubby could polish and everything! In fact they won't need polishing because they look like pieces of jewelry! These are like nothing you have ever seen before!

You Dick! If you keep goin like this I'm gonna owe you like 10 grand when I come to pick up my sled.

So after I called you a dick, how about testin those things on my sled????..........................Cubby

Perhaps this would best asked on another post but...................

Supertuner, could there be a benefit to installing the type of filter in the below links in the front (rubber edge) of your ECP filters? Yes, the airflow would/could increase but is there a dark side to doing so? Like creating turbulence in the intake air since it's now coming from several directions?

I like the idea of the TPI valve (since it is adjustable) but I like the looks of the SLP product much more. I'm just looking for ways to perhaps better the functionality of what many of us already have installed on our RX-1s. Esentially it would be like creating a K&N extreme filter where all sides of the fliter allow airflow.

http://startinglineproducts.com/Yamaha_ ... write.html

http://www.thunderproducts.com/tpi_valve.htm

The negative to the SLP product to most Cat people was the need to cut the hole in your hood. The benefit was it introduced fresh air into the system as opposed to the D&D which circulated the under hood air only.

Jim

Hi Freddie,
I presume you have a mod-air kit ready for shipment far up north Norway for testing :D
I will be more than happy testing this kit here where the snow is falling (soon i hope)
I have nothing but satisfyed customers after last seasons delivery of all filter-kit from you.
;)!

Freddie Freddie Freddie, You got most of us pumped up about the new M.O.D., Heck we have been already building a proto type scoop for the hood here in the shop, complete with a screen and a adjustable vent.

Then you dangle this new Billet Throttle Body Fuel Injection System at us, Heck Freddie what else you got that you are hiding back there.Your killing me man! :D I'd go for the F.I.S. in a heartbeat. ;)!

Cubby; YOU MIGHT NOT BE TOO FAR OFF AT 10,000.00! :D :D :D :D

Frostbite said:
Perhaps this would best asked on another post but...................

Supertuner, could there be a benefit to installing the type of filter in the below links in the front (rubber edge) of your ECP filters? Yes, the airflow would/could increase but is there a dark side to doing so? Like creating turbulence in the intake air since it's now coming from several directions?

Ya know FB...last season when I was testing as lot on the dyno and in the field with the filters, if you would remember correctly, I tested with my filters with holes drilled in the front as well as compared mine to the Raptor filters. I started drilling only a couple holes in the front of my filters and kept adding a few until I gave up as I was going backwards regaless of what jetting I used and CV sled springs. I even tried some CV slide springs from some motorcycle Dynojet jet kits!

If you asked me before I knew any better, I would have bet the farm that the Raptor filters would produce better power...but they didn't! There is something with the shape that my filters do that the carbs and the engine like. If you would also remember, I stated back then that the direct opening to the carbs was hideously sensitive to change. I am certain that this has to do with port velocity versus port volume as well as how it affects manifold pressure. I do not have any technical data to back this up however. All I know is that the filters work awesome. And this is all that is important to customers.

See Bernouli's Theorum for more information and scientific backup related to this. If I could find it, I will post a link to a website for this.

HSP...you have done a woderful job for me last season and I look forward to more good work this season.

JDKRXW...thanks for the education. I just figured the incresed power would help with flotation. My bad.

SUPERTUNER said:
JDKRXW...thanks for the education. I just figured the incresed power would help with flotation. My bad.

Once your moving at a moderate speed, more power is (almost) always better in the deep stuff.

To get started from a stop, smooth controlled application of torque to the track is what you need. Break the track free to quickly and you sink with the running boards keeping the sled from sinking more and you're stuck.

SUPERTUNER said:
Bob Miller said:
Does your modified airbox incorporate a RAM AIR type scoop right on it and the hood is cut so that the scoop is sticking through when closed?

Freddie You missed my second question

Sorry Bob...At this time, there is no hood scoop on the hood. My thought on this was that a scoop would make it easier for snow to actually funneled into the airbox.

Freddie I was talking about a scoop on the top of the air box, not on the hood. I was thinking that when you lowered the hood you would have the hood cut to accomadate the scoop on the air box.

Supertuner, thanks for the detailed answer. I appreciate you taking the time to explain your findings related to airflow increases. The results seem to go against conventional wisdom but if that what you found during testing that's good enough for me. I guess you really are the best friend a RX-1 owner could ever ask for! Thanks.

Frostbite said:
Supertuner, thanks for the detailed answer. I guess you really are the best friend a RX-1 owner could ever ask for! Thanks.

Yeaaaa, sooooo, We all know what great asset Freddie is to this web site, what aboot the friggin fuel injection system?????? Do I have to say "you dick" again????? I am willin to throw some more cash your way, come on brotha out with it. Or is this a private conversation we should be having??............Cubby

[quote="Cubby's RX-1] Yeaaaa, sooooo, We all know what great asset Freddie is to this web site, what aboot the friggin fuel injection system?????? Do I have to say "you dick" again????? I am willin to throw some more cash your way, come on brotha out with it. Or is this a private conversation we should be having??............Cubby[/quote]

The fuel injection system is in it's infancy. I intend to test them this winter on my Hayabusa motorcycle Although I worked very hard on the Air Kits and the MOD Airbox, the billet throttle bodies and FI system are way more work than any of these aibox things. I always wanted to have the chance to say nah nah! LOL.

Bob Miller said:
Freddie I was talking about a scoop on the top of the air box, not on the hood. I was thinking that when you lowered the hood you would have the hood cut to accomadate the scoop on the air box.

There is no actual scoop Bob. There is however a seal formed when the hood gets closed thereby funnelinh all that nice clean, cold air directly into your engine. Aren't you in Connecticut? If so, why don't you come by and I will show it to you! Do you know how many people on this site would love to have that luxury?

Frostbite said:
Supertuner, thanks for the detailed answer. I appreciate you taking the time to explain your findings related to airflow increases. The results seem to go against conventional wisdom but if that what you found during testing that's good enough for me. I guess you really are the best friend a RX-1 owner could ever ask for! Thanks.

Like I always say, (actually Keith Black of the Hemi engine fame said this) When the results don't match the theories, believe the results and get a new theory.

Thanks for the compliment. I am working quite hard on this. I am sending a dealer in Maine who has some very fast Turbo RX1's as well as some fast NA RX1's a complete kit to test for me UPS overnight air. I will know a lot more come next week some time.

Freddie

HEY CHROME GUY!;
No way pal, because you called Freddie a dick he told me I'd have the first F.I.S. on my Warrior so you'll just have to wait your turn :tg: :D :D ;)! Cubby we won't have to cut the hoods after all, TOO BAD! :D :D ;)!

Back