• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ECP Air Kit versus ECP mod airbox results. Early results.

Sorry Green'
I would be more forgiving if the RX1's were in the 700 class. The fact that they can't dominate the 600 class is ridiculous. How many of us would even buy a 600?

So guess this means I should hold off on getting the ECP? If the airbox mod is going to do the same thing better? Or am I misunderstanding this?

Am I missing something Yooper? I know in the grass drags and such the RX-1 runs with the 600's, mainly because of the weight and getting that thing moving in 500. When I lake race my 1 ton against my friends who have 600's though I blow them away. All I have is an aftermarket exhaust and clutched, of course so do they.

RX1 Yooper said:
Sorry Green'
I would be more forgiving if the RX1's were in the 700 class. The fact that they can't dominate the 600 class is ridiculous. How many of us would even buy a 600?

Yooper... Run them in a 1/4 mile and there will be such a distance between the 600s and the rx it would make you laugh right off the chair!!

HOW MANY PEOPLE WHO TRAIL RIDE ONLY RACE 500 FEET?????????? :o|

My two buddies had piped and clutched Pol 600s last year Thanks to BBY! and from 70+ it was NO CONTEST!! they could only slightly keep up from a stop to 50mph!

To me what happen's in 500' on grass makes for interesting reading but other than that in our group we have several 500's and 600's frome all brand's including a 600 REV HO and there is not one that will come close to my RX in any distance on hard pack and there is only one F7 that can squeak a bit on me out of the hole and then i can most times catch him and go by on top end. And as far as the Vector goes i think it did very well for a first year sled to be in the top four and acording to Mike Knapp in his post under Hayday's Result's in this forum the boost on the 660 was turned up to 26-27 LB boost so that may have put the Vector in second, Not bad with all thing's considered. My RX is stock except clutching and gearing.I also ran a 800 REV HO and a 800 Mach Z at the same time and put a good sled length on them out of the hole and on one of the three run's the Mach managed to get back aside of me other wise they never cought me. Beleave it or not and go ahead and make your comment's i don't BS. I have run 660' and 1/4 Mi runs with my RX and the Vector with my computer hooked up to them on evry consistant cond and though i can not post the exact times and MPH i will just say that there will be some suprised people out there. kviper

500 ft only tells me how hard a sled launches. It doesn't tell me how strong a sled is on the top or middle. Anything less that 1/4 mile is not a race. To bad they don't race 1/4 anymore because its not giving the whole picture. :( :( :(

Here we go again with another guy posting based on what he wanted to read but not what was written. MIKE KNAPP HAD HIS TURNED UP TO 26-27 POUNDS. He said nothing about where the T660 was set. I checked very one of Mike's posts. Apology accepted KViper.:ORC :Rockon:

Jim

Greenmachine, the only thing that's going again is you thinking that the T660 was stock and that stock class racing is what you ride on the trail. :ORC

If you want to check results about sleds that are close to that of what you ride on the trail, check out the TRAIL STOCK classes, not the Stock class. :ORC

Listen he posted something that was not POSTED on this site and attributed it to somebody who never said it. In my book that needs to be corrected. Or is that not the way the world works in SD. I doubt Knapp would want a quote attributed to him that he never said.

Jim

I wasn't talking about Knapp at all greenmachine. You are correct, Mike was talking about the RX-1 Open Mod turbo sled when he was speaking of the 26-27 lbs of boost. You shoulda seen that thing in person, WOW :Rockon: :4STroke: :yam: That sled looks & sounds awesome ;)!

I see nothing wrong with posts that reflect facts whether they are positive or negative against any sled. But the internet is full of innuendo and rumours based on total falsehoods.

Besides I would never fight with a guy that wins so much on Firecats.

Jim

Greenmachine, I didn't mean to stir the pot, just still frustrated about the weekend I guess. Hopefully the rest of these Yamaha guys don't hold it against me that I'm racing some Firecats. Next year I plan on being back on something blue :yam:

RX1 Yooper said:
Will this mod make an RX1 run with the 600's?

RX1 Yooper said:
Sorry Green'

Hey I see in your profile that you are a retired mason. Did a brick fall on your head? :ORC
Why piss off people with statements like that. This is not even your thread. If you believe in what you have been posting lately than start your own thread. SuperTuner doesn't need the grief on his...

Back