• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Electric Shield Hookup

Teamblue4 said:
quebec#1 said:
rindtj said:
What about using an adapter and plugging directly to the 12 V socket on the sled?

Like This !

That is what we use, been using that set up for 3 years now without any blown fuses.

Yamaha sells one with an oring to keep out snow/water. I keep the outlet open for charging the cell for those days it needs it but keep the adapter on board for if/when I blow a fuse or have the grand kid in front.

I use one of these from Kimpex wired directly to the battery. Drilled a small hole for it right beside the accessory plug.

Attachments

• 01-601.jpg
    01-601.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 99
KevinS said:
I use one of these from Kimpex wired directly to the battery. Drilled a small hole for it right beside the accessory plug.

Is it fused?

The yamaha accessory is a ripoff, and it also uses up your accessory outlet, so you cant charge your phone, use gps, etc. I ran my shield cord up through the front of the handle bar riser, and it hangs out a bit (4") from the crash pad, so It turns with the bars, and is up nice and high. No drilling required.

Wisconsin said:
The yamaha accessory is a ripoff, and it also uses up your accessory outlet, so you cant charge your phone, use gps, etc. I ran my shield cord up through the front of the handle bar riser, and it hangs out a bit (4") from the crash pad, so It turns with the bars, and is up nice and high. No drilling required.
$12.95 is a rip off? I dont get it

Preacher said:
Wisconsin said:
$12.95 is a rip off? I dont get it
Royal distributing page 49 for $9.99 works better than the yamaha one !
http://www.royaldistributing.com/main/i ... eNumber=49

Back