• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Engine light question

OTB

Veteran
I just finished my usual end of season service (oil, filter, chaincase, ect.) and started the sled to let it run to check the oil level and the engine light started flashing after approx. 30 seconds. Shuit it off and checked the oil level which was fine, saw no leaks or drips. This is the 4th time I've done this with no problems until now. Any thoughts? Thanks.

What happened when you restarted again? Is the light still flashing now?

Went back and looked again this AM and had the air sensor unplugged from the air box. Plugged it in and light is off.

I did the same thing the first time I changed my oil! I'm glad you got it figured out.

I've had my oil light come on a couple different days while riding, the oil level is fine, I shut off the sled and start it again and it is gone out and doesn't come back on. I've had the same thing happen with fuel light coming on while having over half a tank, shut the sled down and start it up and its gone out.

The fuel light coming on only happened once, and it was after I did a slow U turn, which didn't make sense to me. I've had the oil light come on once while doing a speed run across a lake, and the other couple times after I had it on its side from leaning it over too far in a tight powder turn. Having it come on after having the sled on its side is understandable I guess, but the speed run confused me.

Back