• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Engine running temp

swampcat

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2020 S W LTX-GT
What is a average running temp for this engine? What temp does the thermostat open ? I tried searching, but came up empty. Thanks.

In normal conditions mine runs between 167-172. Not sure about the thermostat opening temp but I would guess it opens about 170. Wonder if a cooler thermostat would help power?

What is a average running temp for this engine? What temp does the thermostat open ? I tried searching, but came up empty. Thanks.

Average running temp, in great cooling conditions, running easy, so as not to fluctuate temp much, has been 172 on mine.

When the thermostat opens, can be easily determined by starting a cold sled and simply watching the temp on your gauge. It will continue to rise until the thermostat opens, at that point it will loose 3-5 degrees, and then slowly start climbing again. My thermostat opens at 167-168.

Stock spec says stat opens at 75 degC = 167 degF.

Average running temp, in great cooling conditions, running easy, so as not to fluctuate temp much, has been 172 on mine.

When the thermostat opens, can be easily determined by starting a cold sled and simply watching the temp on your gauge. It will continue to rise until the thermostat opens, at that point it will loose 3-5 degrees, and then slowly start climbing again. My thermostat opens at 167-168.
X2 spot on for mine too!

Back