• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

EPS Conversion?

So, I had some time yesterday to assemble the jumper harness and it didn't work out, the pins that come with diagnostic connector will not work in the 8-pin connector for EPS unit. I called Mouser today and got the correct pins for the 8-pin connector (need only 3) and plugs for the remaining non-used pin locations (5 total). While I was at it, I got pins for the main power/ground and seals for the wire in the connector. Here is the part #'s from Mouser.

Pins for Jumper Harness Connector to EPS 829-35072391 (QTY 3)
Plugs for Non-Used locations in Connector to EPS 829-15404841 (QTY 5)
Pins for Main Power/Ground Connector 829-15455571 (QTY 2)
Seals for Main Power/Ground Connector 829-15324989 (QTY 2)

So, I had some time yesterday to assemble the jumper harness and it didn't work out, the pins that come with diagnostic connector will not work in the 8-pin connector for EPS unit. I called Mouser today and got the correct pins for the 8-pin connector (need only 3) and plugs for the remaining non-used pin locations (5 total). While I was at it, I got pins for the main power/ground and seals for the wire in the connector. Here is the part #'s from Mouser.

Pins for Jumper Harness Connector to EPS 829-35072391 (QTY 3)
Plugs for Non-Used locations in Connector to EPS 829-15404841 (QTY 5)
Pins for Main Power/Ground Connector 829-15455571 (QTY 2)
Seals for Main Power/Ground Connector 829-15324989 (QTY 2)
We have user these as well:
Pins for Main Power/Ground Connector 829-15476168 (QTY 2)

eps1.png
eps2.png
eps3.png
eps4.png
eps5.png
I also built this page with the help of Shane @srxpert

Attachments

• EPS Wiring.pdf
    909.1 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
New here. Have been reading through this thread and interested in doing this upgrade to my zr9000. Have several questions but will start with bracket number 16 in the parts diagram. Arctic Cat pn 1605-212 / Yamaha pn 8PC-F3881-00-00. The bracket appears in the parts diagram to have an "L" shaped leg that drops down. Is there an attachment point down in there that it bolts to that is already there?? The other end that bolts up to the bulkhead/tub that has to have a hole drilled I understand but, does the other end as described have a bolt up attachment as well and, if so, is there a hole and bolt already there for it? Thanks in advance for any information.

probably could sell a conversion parts kit on the site for those that are lazy

New here. Have been reading through this thread and interested in doing this upgrade to my zr9000. Have several questions but will start with bracket number 16 in the parts diagram. Arctic Cat pn 1605-212 / Yamaha pn 8PC-F3881-00-00. The bracket appears in the parts diagram to have an "L" shaped leg that drops down. Is there an attachment point down in there that it bolts to that is already there?? The other end that bolts up to the bulkhead/tub that has to have a hole drilled I understand but, does the other end as described have a bolt up attachment as well and, if so, is there a hole and bolt already there for it? Thanks in advance for any information.
You will need to drill 3 holes. One for the bracket and two for the plate. The one for the bracket is low in the tub and the two for the plate are high. No bolts come on sled from the factory, you will need to purchase 4 bolts and 4 spring nuts. Spring nuts attach to the bracket and plate in pre punched slots.

You will need to drill 3 holes. One for the bracket and two for the plate. The one for the bracket is low in the tub and the two for the plate are high. No bolts come on sled from the factory, you will need to purchase 4 bolts and 4 spring nuts. Spring nuts attach to the bracket and plate in pre punched slots.
Thanks Denny. I get the 3 holes, just trying to understand where the other hole in the bracket is and the parts diagram doesn't do much for seeing it let alone how the bracket sits in relation to it when in the sled. I don't have any of the parts yet so trying to get an image on where it goes. I took a look today at my sled with the pics posted here open on my phone and see it appears to go on the right side down low while the other bracket hole goes to the existing hole over on the left or clutch side. The other two holes to be drilled for the plate go on the right as well but higher up. Thanks again!

Thanks Denny. I get the 3 holes, just trying to understand where the other hole in the bracket is and the parts diagram doesn't do much for seeing it let alone how the bracket sits in relation to it when in the sled. I don't have any of the parts yet so trying to get an image on where it goes. I took a look today at my sled with the pics posted here open on my phone and see it appears to go on the right side down low while the other bracket hole goes to the existing hole over on the left or clutch side. The other two holes to be drilled for the plate go on the right as well but higher up. Thanks again!
The bracket you are speaking off supports and is bolted to the plate. The left side (sitting on the sled) attaches to an existing hole in the left upper side of the tub, while the drop down leg attaches to one of the holes you need to drill, lower right side (at an angle). The parts drawing doesn't really portray it well.

The bracket you are speaking off supports and is bolted to the plate. The left side (sitting on the sled) attaches to an existing hole in the left upper side of the tub, while the drop down leg attaches to one of the holes you need to drill, lower right side (at an angle). The parts drawing doesn't really portray it well.
Okay thanks! That is what I gathered after looking at my sled yesterday. The diagram definitely doesn't do much for seeing how that leg attachment is positioned.

I had the same question.
Does anyone have a pic of this bracket mounted in the bulkhead, without the eps motor blocking the view?
Thanks!

Back