• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Eps while not accelerating

Funtimesled

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
1998 Yamaha bravo trapper 250
2013 Yamaha venture gt 1050
Hi, new here so I hope I’m posting this in the proper spot. I just bought a used 2013 venture gt with the eps and I was wondering if the steering is suppose to be effortless while not moving forward? If I just sit there while it’s running and try to steer, it’s hard but as I drive it, it feels like it’s working. Is it working or is it just because I’m driving forward. The only sled I have to compare it to is my Bravo Trapper so no comparison and there’s no snow so this is on the grass.

System is not active unti you start moving. Input from system will decrease gradually with speed as it’s not required at higher speeds.

System is not active unti you start moving. Input from system will decrease gradually with speed as it’s not required at higher speeds.
Thanks for the info Ramsomair. I feel better now. I thought that it wasn’t working.

EPS is an assistance system. Not a power system like your car but even your car resists turning if not moving. So when your sled is still the EPS is trying but you are trying turn long skags sideways in dirt. Very few sleds without EPS will turn the skags sideways not moving and the ones that do don`t steer very well.

Back