• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Excell exhaust available now

Status
Not open for further replies.

gabe7924

Pro
The Excell exhaust system is now available. Price is 550.00 Seems a little bit high to me. It doesnt look like anything special. Who is going to ginuea pig this thing for us? Any takers? I want to see if it is worth the $$. I spoke to MBRP Exhaust today and theirs should be available by mid January. I would guess that theirs will be superior to the Excell.

@ 550 it better be a full system with a tuned header, if it isn't they won't sell very many...

Looks like a mid pipe and silencer. It definitely does not go all the way to the head. Doesnt look much better than some of the home made jobs we've already seen here.

I am wondering if it is OK to just put on any 4 stroke silencer. Should we be worried about back pressure if you use a system not designed for this engine?

gabe7924 said:
I am wondering if it is OK to just put on any 4 stroke silencer. Should we be worried about back pressure if you use a system not designed for this engine?

If it will flow enough for a 750, the Phazer will be fine with it.

Mars, there is a fine line between great flow
and too much flow.

Some Back pressure is needed, its a pretty exhaust
and if I were wanting one, I would wait the dyno charts come out, prior to purchasing.

Wow 550$, then it will be at least 750 over here. There is no way im paying that.

A couple guys have them here , they are loud as bloody hell nowhere near as nice a sound as the 4 cylinders with the excel pipe , very harsh sound.
Those guys are crazy big air dudes and it is even loud for there liking.
Just cut the stock tail pipe and clamp on the silencer there is nothing to it.

i just bought one for my wifes phazer fx, got it last night, fit and finish is awesome, it looks like yamaha should have had it made for the sled, when i install i'll post pic's, it's worth the $550 all day long, the other's will probably rust out quick, this won't, put it on once and done, all quality parts and backed my excell, who's got a great reputation, 10 lbs lighter and a proven 3 h.p. gain, worth every cent. :Rockon: :Rockon:

I dont think so..I can do a titanium one for less money..lighter and it wont rust. $550 is a lot of coin for just a muffler and short pipe!!

Let me say first that you guys are making a lot of assumptions. Fit and finish of this is amazing, and there's a lot more that goes into it than just throwing a pipe on a header.

gabe7924 said:
Who is going to ginuea pig this thing for us? Any takers? I want to see if it is worth the $$.
As soon as we get snow I'll be riding with mine. I would say the 3 miles I have so far don't count. :o|

gabe7924 said:
I would guess that theirs will be superior to the Excell.
Why would you say this? I haven't seen the MBRP, but I would doubt you'll find a better product out there.

powder muncher said:
A couple guys have them here , they are loud as bloody hell nowhere near as nice a sound as the 4 cylinders with the excel pipe , very harsh sound.
Those guys are crazy big air dudes and it is even loud for there liking.
Just cut the stock tail pipe and clamp on the silencer there is nothing to it.
I'm not sure where you're coming from with this. As far as I know none have been shipped to across the border yet.

Racer269 said:
I dont think so..I can do a titanium one for less money..lighter and it wont rust. $550 is a lot of coin for just a muffler and short pipe!!
If you think that is a lot, check out what Hauck is offering.
Hauck Pipe
As I said before there's a lot more that goes into it than just putting a pipe on a header. If it was that easy you'd see these all over the place and wouldn't have to wait until January or later. You certainly won't find any rust on it either. All stainless.

I guess the bottom line is talk to the guys who have the Excell pipe on their Apex's. There aren't any negative reviews that I know of. Better yet, call Excell and ask questions for yourself.

I've talked to Excell. I am sorry, but I don't see any incredible craftmanship to make this pipe worth 550.00. It doesn't even have a complete header. It doesnt look any better than the 60.00 homemade pipes that have been on here. I think that the MBRP will be a better pipe because they are a real exhaust company with lots of resources. I just want to hear some real feedback on this Excell pipe before I think about dropping 550.00 PLUS shipping. Thanks

Monker, have you ridden your sled with the stock pipe? If so , how many miles? I appreciate your feedback, but unless you have something to compare it to, you are going to think the Excell pipe is good no matter what.

gabe7924 said:
Monker, have you ridden your sled with the stock pipe? If so , how many miles? I appreciate your feedback, but unless you have something to compare it to, you are going to think the Excell pipe is good no matter what.

I did for about a mile or so on the grass. I also rode the demo models last spring. Neither of which really give a good comparison, I know. If you're looking for real before and after reivews, I would think you'd wait until next year when people would have a decent amount of time both stock and modded. Even then, you're still relying on someone else's opinion.

I know what you mean Monker. I have 300 miles on my stock setup. I am riding mostly at 11000 feet and above. I am just looking for any extra HP I can get. Wondering about oxygenateed VP Fuel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back