• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Excell FX Nytro Ehaust

06vectorgt said:
Fasttoys said:
so i heard something today cant tell you who LOL but anyways the full exhaust is about a 7hp gain and just the header with stock muffler is 5 hp but from what i understand that is just what i heard of the exhaust upgrades

If you told us yould have to kill us! lol

i will prolly be killed just for saying something! oh and thats all i was told for now Sorry

check out the the first post and the link that is on it there are more pics

Monker, great to meet you as well as Aaron and finally put some faces with the names!

Dynojim, great time dynoing again. I will bring the oil next time and we will crack the mark we were trying to hit for the last hour!

To everyone else, I have been swamped since the 18 hour 1200+ mile drive back home from Dynotech. Hopefully late this afternoon or this weekend Aaron & I will be able to go over all the dyno information and post some results. We want to double check everything and make sure we do not mislead or misrepresent any product. Thanks for your patience! I will throw up a few pictures that Aaron emailed me and I believe Monker took!

IMG_0257.jpg

IMG_0265.jpg

IMG_0263.jpg

IMG_0261.jpg

IMG_0262.jpg

;)!

those are great photos of the dyno. Just one comment to get people thinking is that the large diameter flywheel attached to the dyno coupler is critical. Without that the engine will sit there idling, and applying throttle will result in zero RPM change. That flywheel does something, don't know what, that enables the nytro engine to break idle and accelerate on the dyno. And I must say that Allan Ulmer and Aaron Excell are committed to making better Yam performance, and this HUGE effort surely verifies that.

yes I will surely post numbers, but need to collaborate with Aaron and Allan on what did what--Allan has total control on ignition timing and fuel flow with the controllers he's helped develop, and the Excell exhaust in some situations benefit from tweaked fuel flow. But I will say that my initial dyno tests on my website with FullPower's baseline stock test may have been with preproduction muffler not nearly as good as the one tested on Excell's stock sled. Expect a revision on my website shortly. The newest stock muffler appears to be quiet but higher flowing, and the Excell 3-1 header is where the greatest gains are made.

This might be a dumb question but here goes.

There was some discrepency between posted numbers (135hp from yamaha) and what others have seen (138hp) and then, from the MCX tests, 122.

I know nothing about dynos but I never in my wildest dreams pictured testing it right off the crank like in these pictures. Wow, what a pile of work! I had always just assumed that it was tested with the track on a dyno wheel.

So now I'm left wondering if the difference is dynos could be accounted to the setup. Looking at the MCX Nytro dyno run on youtube, it doesn't look as elaborate as what is pictured above.

bagadonitz said:
This might be a dumb question but here goes.

There was some discrepency between posted numbers (135hp from yamaha) and what others have seen (138hp) and then, from the MCX tests, 122.

I know nothing about dynos but I never in my wildest dreams pictured testing it right off the crank like in these pictures. Wow, what a pile of work! I had always just assumed that it was tested with the track on a dyno wheel.

So now I'm left wondering if the difference is dynos could be accounted to the setup. Looking at the MCX Nytro dyno run on youtube, it doesn't look as elaborate as what is pictured above.

MCX dyno is mounted to the crank to, just like any dyno used to mesure engine power. There are track dynos to, but they are used to tune clutch kits etc. You could expect half the power when mesuring on the track compared to on the crank.

Here is the dynosheet with the highest stock HP reading and then the best reading with the Excell Header, Excell Silencer, and CR10EK spark plugs that Ulmer Racing sells. The MOD air box showed 3-4 hp gains in the low to midrange but then showed no gain over stock air box on top end, so we will rethink and head back to Dynotech again sometime soon! We don't believe this setup will need any fuel added via Power Commander, but I will be testing on our track dyno as well as field testing next week to find out for sure. Aaron now is also going to have a header made up that will flow into the stock muffler for that stealth look (hey Aaron give me one of those too, would ya! LOL!). Aaron & I are going to try to get together on Sunday and discuss the complete setup, pricing, weight loss, etc and then we will give that information to Jim and allow him to write his dyno article on http://www.dynotechresearch.com. Thanks to Aaron I have all kinds of fun stuff to play with next week as I took the exhaust right from the sled on the dyno and brought it home with me! We will begin testing and get everything ready for the Old Forge Shoot Out put on by Dynotech, Snow Week, and all the folks at Ehlert Publishing (Snow Week, Snogoer, etc). Thanks to everyone who has had patience in waiting for the results!

NYTRO03 (blue) = FX NYTRO STOCK

NYTRO30 (red) = FX Nytro Full Excell Exhaust System (Header & Silencer) + CR10EK Spark Plugs

ExhPlugs.jpg

That stock power curve looks a bit jittery to. Wonder what happens at 6700 and 7500-7600? The Ulmer curve looks a little smoother.

How stock is the stock curve? Looks like it is making 141? Plugs?

Yes, that sleds looks to be a good one. It was Aaron's (Excell Motorsports) sled and had been driven onto the trailer from the dealer and then had 5 minutes of varied throttle and load on the dyno before making 3 box stock baseline runs (and the stock run posted above was the last box stock baseline run at a peak of 142.2 hp). The three stock baseline runs averaged at 141.8 hp total. We were all as amazed as you guys are. We even had Jim check the calibration on the dyno and everything was correct.

averagestock.jpg

And the field testing is beginning. This is also a brand new sled with 0 miles when it got into the shop. Now has 3.4 miles on it. I'll wait until 30 miles to run it too hard.

;)!

MISC013.jpg

MISC014.jpg

MISC015-1.jpg

MISC016-1.jpg

MISC018-1.jpg

Back