• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Excell FX Nytro Ehaust

Srxspec said:
Sound clip of the Excell exhaust while track dyno testing. I will post a side by side sound clip of stock vs Excell on Monday or Tuesday!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=od4LtQ99isQ

No disrespect, I know you have put a ton of work in on this, but that's essentailly a sound clip of your track spinning and clutch noise. Maybe take the drive belt off and give it few rips?

Do you know if just a silencer will be available from Excell? Thx!

nytroguy, exactly why I said that I will try to post a side by side sound clip of the Excell and stock on Monday, but you can hear the difference in the exhaust systems on the video above. The Excell is 4 db louder than stock, but has a deeper, throatier sound to it. Excell does not plan to offer just a silencer.

Srxspec said:
nytroguy, exactly why I said that I will try to post a side by side sound clip of the Excell and stock on Monday, but you can hear the difference in the exhaust systems on the video above. The Excell is 4 db louder than stock, but has a deeper, throatier sound to it. Excell does not plan to offer just a silencer.

Great. Thx for the info as always!

So Allan, are the colder plugs necessary for these gains ? Also, what about clutching and gearing with this exhaust, do you think stock settings will work well on the snow with the full system ?

Colder plugs aren't necessary, but will add 1.5 hp to the total package. Our clutching is pretty much finalized for the Excell package. You will have to upgrade your clutching, whether you chose to do it with the stock components or add a different clutch kit, the clutching will need to be udpated. With box stock clutching you will be hitting the rev limiter adding the Excell system.

Srxspec said:
Colder plugs aren't necessary, but will add 1.5 hp to the total package. Our clutching is pretty much finalized for the Excell package. You will have to upgrade your clutching, whether you chose to do it with the stock components or add a different clutch kit, the clutching will need to be udpated. With box stock clutching you will be hitting the rev limiter adding the Excell system.
thats great to hear..complete exhaust system is the only way to go

Srxspec said:

What I meant was were the colder plugs a contibuting factor in getting the dyno results we've seen in your postings, or will the colder plugs add another 1.5 hp making the total even higher ? Also, is the clutching set up for studded or non studded applications ? The reason I'm asking is because I'm not a trail runner, drifts and powder are my likes, and most of the time, clutching is set up for studs.

Ditchbanger/Nikolai, heavier rivets in the stock weights alone will probably not be enough. A different helix will likely be needed as well, but I'm sure you could use stock components for the most part. More testing will tell us what is needed exactly.

Nytromaniac, the exhaust system alone added 6-7 hp, the spark plugs where another 1-1.5 hp on top of that. Clutching will be available for studded or unstudded machines.

Back