• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

excellent article in supertrax

fx-treme

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 SR VIPER LTX SE
there is an excellent article in the new issue of supertrax about the phazer. makes me feel good about ordering one after reading it. I tried to scan it and post it but I can't make it readable, I'll keep trying. :yam:

Supertrax really gave the phazer a good review but does anybody know what Snowtech said about it. Supertrax has been pro-yamaha lately. If Snowtech called it wonderful, I'd be more impressed.
If I didn't have the nytro, I'd be putting money on a phazer FX not matter what the mags said. 80hp/85mph is the most I can really use x-country and 450lbs is really sweet.

Snow tech gave it a big thumbs up and expect Yamaha to sell them out. They basically had nothing bad to say and really thought the motor was a 500-600cc 2 stroke equivalent. Huge fun factor and it's what they expect to be the next big movement in sleds. Light, cheap, and fun.

Otis

PS I've had my Snow Tech over a week now.

otis said:
Snow tech gave it a big thumbs up and expect Yamaha to sell them out. They basically had nothing bad to say and really thought the motor was a 500-600cc 2 stroke equivalent. Huge fun factor and it's what they expect to be the next big movement in sleds. Light, cheap, and fun.

Otis

PS I've had my Snow Tech over a week now.

WOW! :yam: Now I am impressed. Snowtech generally follows up anything good they say about a yamaha with "its still heavy" or "it won't run with an F-cat in ditches" or "its not a jump sled".
Strange though, everyone on here who's rode the phazer has been underwhelmed with the engine power. For Snowtech the call the motor a 500-600cc 2stroke equivalent, yamaha must have had the test sled really dialed in. Or else TYers are all power freaks. 8)

Snowtechs for Canada are in the mail. Out here on the east coast, I should get mine in early April.

Yes. We ARE all power freaks. When I get back on a 600 2 stroke, it seems boggy too. We're just all used to that instant 4-stroke torque. Hard to go backwards in HP no matter how well it rides. I don't really care about top speed either, but I like to get to 70 QUICK!!!

Hey 7 Skulls, you must head up to the Lewis Hills every now and then right ? Yes bye, what a spot, can't wait to go again next year !!!

You might recognize this area....

Attachments

• DSC01145.JPG
    DSC01145.JPG
    150 KB · Views: 94

Back