• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Exchanger coolant leak fixed - Fuel tank,Battery removal

15581.jpeg
15584.jpeg

This is what is needed for this issue and also keeps tunnel mounted to heat exchanger.

what is that wad of stuff where the connection is? nice beefy repair on the tunnel.

what is that wad of stuff where the connection is? nice beefy repair on the tunnel.

On top of the tunnel is ultra black rtv to seal the tunnel where the hoses are. Also put it between the plates on repair.

while its on my mind, I just changed my hose and found the rear exchanger had tweaked upward from ice chunks and eventually cut the hose from inside. the bungs are like 1/2" apart. I think if I deal with it again, I will chop an inch or so out of the exchanger just at the bung and have it tig welded and use a longer hose. you have to pull the exchanger anyway. should give it the flex it needs. maybe a cover too, but a cover wont keep it from getting wacked out of line. as a bonus the hose could be done without pulling exchanger.

The forward rivet on the rear heat exchanger is riveted thru the reinforcement plate on top of the tunnel next to the running board support.
This will keep the flex down and keep the ends lined up for the hose.
The covers just protect the hoses from flying ice chunks.

Back