• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Extended Warranty Purchase???

MNUser

Expert
The sled warranty is up on 12/16/2008. I checked into extending it but the price was $600 for 3 years. Not sure if that is worth it. 600 dollars is hard to come up with. The sled has 730 miles on it now and it is a 2007.

The salesman tried to talk me into saying a new motor is $3,600! I tried to explain to him the reason behind going with a 4-stroke and not having to worry about blown engines. If I wanted to worry about that I would have bought a 2-stroke again....not sure what to do. I have 6 days to decide.

you can get less years also at port city he was cheap you can always extend it again as long as your still have a warranty.

Thanks guys. I emailed Mike and I will see what he says. I would buy one year and see how it runs.....I get a little freaked out when I read some of the stories from the '07 model year.

I spoke with Mike and here are the quotes:

ALL NEW OR STILL IN WARRANTY YAMAHA 4-STROKE SLEDS!

12 MONTH: RETAIL $490 SALE $345
24 MONTH: RETAIL $580 SALE $390
36 MONTH: RETAIL $698 SALE $449
48 MONTH: RETAIL $798 SALE $499

Tough call. Mine is an '07 with a late '07 build date. Cheaper than my local dealership.

I wish I could extend my extended warranty. Ive got a 3 year YES that expires march 09, and no dealer seems to know how to add onto that (or even upgrade it to the 4 year YES and pay additional $$). The only option ive been given was to purchase a used warranty which is like 600 bucks for 2 years...ouch!

Back