• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Fast question guys

2008 Nytro RTX

TY 4 Stroke God
The other day I went out to start my sled it was around 15 F out and it would not turn over at all. So I was 100% sure it was the battery,So tonight I go to charge it and just for the hell of it I hit the key and it started right up and I mean right up! WHy would it do that? The nut was loose on the battery so we but it started with it lose tonight so why would it start tonight and not the other day? was it that being lose? COuld it be something more serious? I was just wondering

Its possible the loose connection did it. Or it could have been some moisture in one of the relays. That is a common problem that is talked about on here.

it didn't warm up that much and I didn't ride it enough this year for the relay to freeze. PLus when you hit the key u heard the motor like move. Like you heard it like do an 1/8th of a turn

More than likely it was the loose connection on the battery.

Same issue last weekend on my buddies Doo. Stopped for lunch and nothing at all when we went to leave. After dinner started right up. We got bact to the cabin and took a look and it was a loose connection at the starter. I will say that the only thing I miss about a 2 stroke is that rope on the right side!

Sounds like the starter relay. I tried to start mine in the fall, not cold at all, after sitting all summer covered in my shed. The relay was still acting up even in those conditions. I changed it and have had no similar issues all winter. Moisture somehow gets into these relays even under the best of conditions. Just a terrible design.

Tighten up your battery terminal screws and put some silicone on the bolts leading to the terminals. This will stop them from coming loose.

See when I hit the key the motor turned over ever so slightly,as if the battery was dead. Thats why I am sure its not the relay. Plus I have a real fine screen over my hood vents so no snow gets on them

Back