• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

fault code 88

martin63092

Extreme
went for a ride 3 days ago everything was fine, this morning i was going fishing with a couple of buddys but my sled wont start and show's code 88. Im about to put this sled to fire, im fed up, happend twice that i was heading out with buddys and sled wont start.

Any help?

Code 88: Short or open circuit in reverse indicator switch. If you don't already know , thats what code 88 means . Sounds like a wire is grounded out . Does it crank over but no fire ?

Did you 'nudge' it forward to make sure it was all the way in before you shut it off? I usually do. Maybe you could move it around a little? Try messin with the reverse a little?

UPDATE

brought it to the dealer this morning, they told me my starter is finish, this caused to show up code 88, 400$ something later for the starter and this doesnt count labor which is 80$ an hour. :o| Hope this is the last time i get problem with this sled!!! Can get really expensive easily

Demand the old starter returned to you.It probably is just spun from loose bolts and either way some good parts are probably in there.

Should be a hr or two at most if they know how to remove front end.I bet that starter was turning backwards and could be fixed with a little Loctite.

Back