• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Feedback on Studding outside

I started with 144 gold diggers using a Woodys templet. If I recall....even to do the 144, they had me doing alternating outside edge. I got nervous with the high horse power and went to 192.....1.325. Four in every line. I simply centered the hole between the quiet lugs.

I very glad I did. No signs of damage and good hook-up. I pushed pretty hard at first through corners, but it was more my suspension setting than anything else.

The ripsaw 2 is a 2-ply track, btw. Not sure on other models....but that's what's on a LTX.

My studding "SOP" takes about a week. I set them and let them relax for a few days.....seating into the rubber. Then I torque down. After that, I do each stud with the green, creeping lock-tight.

You might see a slight buldge in the outer edge of the track, on the outside. Doesn't rub anywhere.

Remember your driver teeth up front. The templet kept me away from the teeth.

Q. Arrius

Thanks for the feedback. I'll plan to go every other on the outside and think I am going to go with 1.45 Woody's Megabytes. I've had good luck with them in the past. I have the template from CBPerformance so spacing will not be an issue.

IMG_1702.JPG
Thanks for the feedback. I'll plan to go every other on the outside and think I am going to go with 1.45 Woody's Megabytes. I've had good luck with them in the past. I have the template from CBPerformance so spacing will not be an issue.

LTX Le 137 Winder.
196, 48 on outside just under 4000 miles no issues with great traction.

Ya here is mine,it hoks good

Attachments

• IMAG0389.jpg
    IMAG0389.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 168
Not attempting to influence. If you go outside.. go every.. and stay outside of the center 3.5" if you go big as in over 1.450

Attachments

• 20161127_105416.jpg
    20161127_105416.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 170
1.5's , some up the middle of the middle , noooo problem !
I have never studded the outside , but am thinking about adding for next year , as at 144 up the middle , I am looking for more traction.

I still am likely staying "up the middle" due to tight twistys and wanting that fun factor with LEAST push, as I tend to like smaller lighter steering carbides and pilots are not super agressive. If I was all about the drag racing Id surely stud outers too with no worries.

Still going back and forth on 1" rip2 with 1.325 OR stock 1.25" rip2 with 1.450.

I am not a fan of the stock track being NOT FULLY CLIPPED, and silent drive. Id much rather a new rip2 fully clipped normal flat outer belts without silent drive, and then I would be less lug height and less weight on shorter studs. Likely will go 1".

Dan

Outside all day with this power. Eco trail TD tune and its sick pull even @ 75 mph punch..
Very good hook with blocks out of the back.(137) Just have metal bar with heater hose for some cushion. You want hook out of the hole go outside. Mine floats the skies(1-2 inches) to like 80 mph on hard pack

Back