• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

First Ride after first service at dealer

All this drama over here!! Im going back to the 2smoke side. Worst I get over there are inapropriate Avatars and topics in the wrong forum!! lol

sleddheadd said:
I edited your post, that was a little over the line!

Sorry I state the facts. I would not be so pissed if all my post got to stay? I have time to do things once but I never have time to do it again. I guess I will wear ear plugs when I ride and test drive the next sled before I spend the money! If all Yamaha's make these noises I for sure will not buy another. Thanks for your time.

It needs to go back to the dealer, and the dealer needs to know they are 3hrs away not us. Set up a time to fix it so you don't have to leave it there. Or just find a different dealer.

T T Bone said:
sleddheadd said:
I edited your post, that was a little over the line!

Sorry I state the facts. I would not be so pissed if all my post got to stay? I have time to do things once but I never have time to do it again. I guess I will wear ear plugs when I ride and test drive the next sled before I spend the money! If all Yamaha's make these noises I for sure will not buy another. Thanks for your time.
The thread got tossed because of another member being disrespectful. We cleaned it up and returned it to the forum. there is no need to be "pissed" over that. if you feel the need to wear ear plugs, that is your own decission. All Yamaha's do not make this noise, all makes and manufacturers have thier problems just like anything else. Parts will break and need to be fixed, If your dealer is that bad, they need to be reprimanded by Corporate and fix what is wrong.
Thank You for your time!

Well is it fixed or still lookin at it . Any yamaha dealer will look at it if you dont want to take it back 3 hours to that one , but i'm sure its something simple

T T Bone said:
Got to ride the 09 121 Nytro since the 500mile service. New skis and shaper bars are unreal. I cannot believe the difference they make along with center shock tightening. Very happy :Rockon: Now I have a gear driven sled though :o| Never made this gear grinding sound/ noise before? What the hell has happened? The dealer installed new hi-fax along with tightening the track. Changed the o/f plus the gear case oil.

You coming up to northern michigan anytime soon? If so bring it over we'll b happy to figure it out for you.

John

The noise is still there but has gotten better by tightening the chain bolt finger tight, rubber pulled back and backing off 1/4 turn? I have read that is the way? Right? I wonder if synthetic oil would help? I have been sick so maybe my head cold is magnifying the sound ? I just know it was never this loud. I ordered the Excell larger wheel kit. When those come in I will put this on my lift and cut the Hy-fax's off a bit also. I believe one is too long. I wish there was a dealer closer but remember I live in Central Illinois and there are Yamaha dealers but none of them sell snowmobiles. When I head up north I may stop by the dealer again and have them listen. I am glad you are still trying to help me on this. I wonder what happen to the guy that posted the noise on his sled with sound? That was dead on and he adjusted his chain but never replied? It was my birthday yesterday so I went out to eat and stayed in with my wife. I have owned 15 plus sleds and have never had a chain make noise like this? That is also what worries me about something wrong? I talked to the dealer about the case being on wrong and they said no way, goes on one way only?

poleclimber said:
T T Bone said:
Got to ride the 09 121 Nytro since the 500mile service. New skis and shaper bars are unreal. I cannot believe the difference they make along with center shock tightening. Very happy :Rockon: Now I have a gear driven sled though :o| Never made this gear grinding sound/ noise before? What the hell has happened? The dealer installed new hi-fax along with tightening the track. Changed the o/f plus the gear case oil.

You coming up to northern michigan anytime soon? If so bring it over we'll b happy to figure it out for you.

John

Thank you John. I will be in Land Of lakes next month, no sure how close that is to you? Thanks again for the offer. You never know I might show up if not to far away?

09nytro said:
Well is it fixed or still lookin at it . Any yamaha dealer will look at it if you dont want to take it back 3 hours to that one , but i'm sure its something simple

Does your sled make the same noise? I know you have been following my thread. And seem to want to help also. Thank You I have a internet friend :jump: Just kidding I really hate computers but they are like a book of knowledge.

T T Bone said:
poleclimber said:
T T Bone said:

John

Thank you John. I will be in Land Of lakes next month, no sure how close that is to you? Thanks again for the offer. You never know I might show up if not to far away?

Not sure but do u mean lakes of the north? If so we r about 30 min from there.

poleclimber said:
T T Bone said:
poleclimber said:
T T Bone said:

John

Not sure but do u mean lakes of the north? If so we r about 30 min from there.

Land of lakes upper WI.?

T T Bone said:
vector06 said:
Check out this thread. Is this what is going on with your sled? I loosened my chain but have not ridden the sled since to try it out. Snowing like a banchee right now so that is going to change tomorrow... :Rockon:

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=95548

That is the noise dead on. I am going to tell you now though the chain maybe to tight? Did you tighten the track or replace the Hy-faxs on your sled?

Back