• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

First Ride of Season after Summer Adjustments on 06 Attak

sxmatt

Pro
I thought I would give some input into some changes I made to my 06 Attak over the summer.

Rode on Tug Hill yesterday. It was -8 when I loaded up to come home and the trails were just OK. There were not a lot of bumps because of the lack of snow, but I was able to run one trail that runs next to a road that had 1-1/12 foot moguls.

First. I have the handlebar update and I actually had heat in my bars. They were pretty warm but not as hot as my other yamaha's. I also installed a set of SKINZ hand protectors before the ride since it was so cold. They work awsome!! They do limit getting to the end of the bars because of the way they mount, but it was not limiting my riding. Whats nice about the SKINZ, is that they can be taken off in seconds and stored in the trunk when it is warmer out. NO MORE FROZEN HANDS!!

Second. I had the rear shock revalved at Pioneer Perfomance. It was stiff over the small stutter bumps as compared to the stock valving. But it did not crash through the travel as the stock valving did. I did adjust the shock to a softer setting a total of 4 clicks but it didn't make a hugh noticable difference. I also didn't play with it too much since I was happy to be riding.

Third. I put a 12mm swaybar on also. It did make the sled corner flatter with much less ski lift. I did not notice much feedback in the handlebars, but the trails were not very bumpy in the corners because of the snow conditions.

Fourth. I put a ROX adjustable riser on. It was the 4in adjustable to 5.5in. I had a PowerMadd 4 inch riser on last year, but that easy adjustment to 5.5 in is very nice. Will come in handy when playing off trail and standing the they really rough stuff.

I also bought a set of GYT-R clicker shocks for the front and had the low speed compression adjuster replaced with a low and high speed compression adjuster from HYGEAR. I did not do any adjusting on the shocks and left them at the stock and recemmonded settings. Will give some feedback when I have more miles on them.

Matt

Back