• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

First ride on new sled

09xtxrider

Extreme
Well i purchased a 09 xtx back in September. Brand New with 0 miles on it.
I could wait for the first snowfall, to get her out.

I went up to Gaylord, Michigan this past weekend....and i had a BLAST!

I love the 4 stroke low end power. Overall i am very happy with my purchase. I only put on 175 miles in 3 days, simply because i was there for a family Christmas too.

Anyways, on with the pictures.... :4STroke:

IMG_2132.jpg

IMG_2136.jpg

IMG_2140.jpg

IMG_2157.jpg

IMG_2169.jpg

IMG_2171.jpg

IMG_2173.jpg

I cant wait to go back upnorth after christmas!

Haha thanks, I drove it very careful for the first 100 miles. And ive only got on it a few times between 100 and 175 miles.

What am i exactly going to notice??

Smoother, lower exhust note, and a little more power. As I said in another thread, I remember when it happened for me, so you will notice it. All of a sudden you wonder if somethings wrong because it just seemed to kick it up a notch for no reason other than mileage. That was my experience anyway.

Now all you need a windshield and Yamaheaters and are good to go !! Love my xtx also !

You know what. i don't mind the low windshield at all. Temps were in the teens and i wasnt cold at all. I love the look of the low shield.

But thats just me.

Rode mine this past weekend. First real ride. Gaylord, Fredrick, Alba areas in Mi. About 190 miles. Sweet, sweet sled. Felt more nimble and lighter than my Attak. Took the typical nasty Starvation Lake trail bumps great. Got 15 miles per gallon.

Found some deep snow in the potato fields. The sled did great in the deep snow. Tons of power for any condition.

There was some push in the corners but mostly do to the weight transfere when throttling out of the corners. Nothing a little adjustment will take care of with the transfer rods.

With Berstrom tripple carbides and the rubbers turned around and with the 1/8" shim I had zero darting. Steering was a bit heavy but I think my triple rate springs will take of that.

Hand warmers sucked. It was 10 deg Sat morning. My hands were cold but not freezing. Later in the day when the temps were in the 20's the hand warmers worked great. Actually had to turn them down.

Mid height windshield did ok. I think the tall windshield will be needed though.

Over all the the sled did great. Real sweet sled. Come on winter.

Good luck with your Nytro - they are a fantastic snowmobile. Wait 'till you get 500 miles or so on her - they really wake up once broken in well. Amazing low end, nothing stock out there can touch it for the first 90mph. Mine runs like a raped ape, it is amazing how quick they are even with my 300lb butt sitting on it! The only caution I have for you is be careful with the launch, if you get too much bite they can actually flip over backwards! Wig

Well now i cant wait till 500 miles! lol

And you know what, i could careless after about 85mph. Im not very often gonna be riding faster that 85, and even if i am its not gonna be long.

The quickness of this snowmobile is amazing!

Back