• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

flat spot on driven roller

Cat rollers went in, thing runs like a raped ape

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Had one roller with small flat spot developing according to my dealer.. he said Yamaha is aware of the problem and he will be replacing the bad one with new Yamaha rollers when they arrive this week.

one flat roller that has started to mark the helix
now to find rollers so I can go sledding on Friday

My dealer said yesterday that Yamaha "is not aware of any issue with the rollers" at this point. WTF? He is getting me new yammy rollers, and the cat ones are b/o till end of march. Even though at rest I have at least one roller not touching, I have full wear marks all the way up all 3 of the ramps on the helix. Maybe once everything starts spinning it balances out?

I installed the cat rollers, osp adjuster, and 8DN belt over the weekend. Only one of the stock ones had flat spots. Checking the cat rollers once I got home, I noticed that all 3 were in contact with the ramps.

This is probably a dumb question, but how do you find out if there's a flat spot, other than by actually taking the roller out? I have peeked at my secondary a couple of times, but haven't actually removed it. Looking at the helix, there are wear marks on all of the ramps. So, I know contact is being made. What else should I be looking for?
And I have asked both the dealer that I bought from and another local dealer if they've heard of any belt or roller issues. Not surprisingly, both answered no.

Hit them with a bright light and spin them > look for flat spots. If your really LUCKY you wont be able to spin them at all.. LOL

Looks like no rollers for this weekend
Should I ride with one flat one?
Yamaha Rep says ride it

Hit them with a bright light and spin them > look for flat spots. If your really LUCKY you wont be able to spin them at all.. LOL
Interesting. I was wondering if I should be able to spin them. Because the ones in the primary spin freely and am used to seeing that on my other sleds. Actually, last week (prior to my most recent ride) when I tried spinning them on the secondary, none of them did. Wasn't sure if that was good or bad. And as I said before, all ramps had marks on them.

Won't stick or cause extra belt heat?

Can't guarantee anything but mine is not going to sit in the garage for an issue this minor. The worst that can happen is they don't roll and flat spot. No big deal. Just keep a eye on them. Don't do long wot pulls. Should be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We replaced the rollers on my buddy's last night. They did not look flatted until we took them out. One side wore half through. All three where not rolling but sliding on he helix. 1500 miles.

Attachments

• IMG_5572.JPG
    IMG_5572.JPG
    129.5 KB · Views: 186

Back