• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

front end nytro bushing replacements

You should be able to change both sides in less than an hour. All you need to do is raise the front end remove the side and front cowling. one bolt holds the upper a-arm in place. Remove the bolt and roll the a-arm toward you and pull old bushings and you can push the new ones in by hand.

mtdream said:
ball joints are warrantied...might convince dealer to help with the bushings too...
Do you need the extended warranty
or is this a recall or something they will look at while out of warranty.

woodsrider said:
You should be able to change both sides in less than an hour. All you need to do is raise the front end remove the side and front cowling. one bolt holds the upper a-arm in place. Remove the bolt and roll the a-arm toward you and pull old bushings and you can push the new ones in by hand.

Mine took a bit longer than an hour, quite a bit actually, but it wasn't all that bad. Worst part was getting at the lower A arm nuts. Getting the old plastic bushings out wasn't fun either, and I had to use a vise to get the new ones in, much tighter tolerances, which is very good. My front end is much more solid now, no movement at all anymore, Thanks to Ulmer's Oilite bushings ;)!

It's taking a lot longer than an hour for me to install these bushings...you have to remove all the front plastics to get a good grip on the lower A arm nuts.

So wait a second here guys. If something was a recall and you have a sled with the older parts on it then should the dealer be replacing these parts for free???

Also, explain to me how these oil lite bushings work. I just replaced all the front end bushings on my sled and it was one HELL of a job, took the entire day of sunday to put back together, took another day to take apart. If these oil lite bushings last a long time then I definately want those.

The oilite bushings are made to .003" to .004" clearance. The stock bushings are setup with .012" to .013" clearance in them. The oilite material is a heavy duty material which is oil impregnated (self lubricating) so they usually last 2 to 3 times longer than stock.

Your stock bushings have the same amount of "slop" as your old wore out stock bushings have. We tightened up the "slop" in the bushings where the bolts go through. Check to make sure none of your bolts & spacers are bent as well.

Back