• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Front ski questions on 09 MTX

I have them on my rs vector ltx and I haven't got a chance to try them yet. They appear to have a more (rounded) look and they turn up on the back more. They are supposed to help with darting too, so i shall see when the snow comes.

MountainMax said:
I have simmons gen1 flexiski's on my mmax and dont' like them, they dont dart but they dont turn good either, no matter how much weight you put on the ski.

Sorry for the confusion guys. To better explain myself. I'm a stand-up rider and lean to turn verses steering. To turn sharper in powder, I actually countersteer in the opposite direction, only the tail end of the skis are actually on the snow and I accelerate while turning. At slower speeds where I must steer I found the stiffer shock pressure prevents the front end from rolling out of the turn, but in the same breath I'm usually standing at this point with both feet on the side off the sled that I am turning to, which in turn takes the weight off the outside ski. Trying to turn while decelerating with long tracks is difficult because the sleds forward momentum tries to push the sled straight ahead also causing the sled to roll out.

I use the bigger air pressure and bigger skis to help keep the front end up when decelerating and for better handling when traversing rough terrain at 60-70 mph. The GEN II's are great at shock absorbtion.

hmmm...I'm not sure if I clarified things or just made my logic sound more confusing.

REXX
-----------------------------------------
'07 Apex mtn. turbo
Western Canada

Back