• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Fuel Acceleartors? Hauck?

kingedwards99

Expert
I recently bought the hauck husher slip on silencer? I really like the way it sounds, and has a great finishing look to it? The only problem is, that it seems to be running a little rich, or it has hesitation, or loads up. I Called hauck performance and they said that 1 of there test sleds needed more fuel with there accelerator, and he would give me a deal on one if i need one. So i asked maybe if i was to change the plugs, and he said to try it? My question is i thought that fuel injection was supposed to adjust itself to weather conditions and what ever else is thrown at it? Are the accelerators worth the money, do they just hook into the harness? Where Do they Mount? Can't a person just bring them in and have them remaped? Any Suggestions Would be helpful thanks?

Your lean...you need more fuel.You should add more fuel to get rid of the lean condition. They hook into the efi sytem & you can add fuel to the idle/main jet/cruise/accelerator/ plus there is an adjustment for elevation. I lean mine down if I am going for a long run to get better fuel mileage & it runs like crap. I richen it up & it really wakes up. If i am racing i really crank up the accerator & it screams.

I noticed the same thing with my husher, I am installing cr10ek spark plugs. If that does not work I will pick up the fuel accelerator. King let us know if it helps.

I've heard that you can mess with your CO settings in the stock computer, that may help you out a little. That is how I plan to deal with the potential lean situation after I put on a pipe, before I try the fuel box.

Search the MTX mountain forum, or on the Snowest forum, and you should find the info you need.

Thanks, I'll Give it a shot, and let you know how it turns out! Funny how they fail to mention these adjustments.

I bought one two weeks ago too. I am having the same problem. Please let me know what you do to get it right. I am going to try the plugs first. I called and they told me the same thing, but I don't want to put more money into it, and i am not to sure how they work either.

Well i moved my co's to 10 and it was good on take off, but it seemed worse in the middle or maybe it was the same, i'm not sure, i did'nt get any plugs yet but asked Ulmer Racing and he said it probably Would'nt do anything, to try the co's and put them to 10, but it did'nt seem to work, on friday i'm going to try my stock can again and run some test's I figure if i run the same distance, with my hauck husher pipe in the same conditions, i should be able to tell if the husher is helping or hurting me. I have yet to call hauck back to see how much the fuel acceleator would cost me. But they should have done enough tests i figure for these to run without, for i see it's not only happening to my sled but others. If Anyone has the hauck husher and acceleartor can you tell me if the sled runs good? Is it snappy? Especially in the midrange, if you let off and give it gas does it not sputter? Thanks Any Help Would be Appreciated? PS if i need to spend another 2-300 dollars i could have just as well ALMOST bought a complete system From Someone who knows there is no miss or hesitation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The guys on the mountain sleds have moved their CO's to -15 or even -20, -10, may not be a large enough change. Keep playing with the new exhaust and different CO's.

That white connector does not look like it is connected to anything, just taped to the other wires. Am I looking at the right one guys. I want to make sure before I go pulling things apart. King which one is it. Oh I can see the ground so thats not a problem. Put the plugs in no change on hesitation, just like Ulmer said.

Ya I'm having the same problem and I have the 10ek in now. I called and they told me I need the acceleator also. Told me they had one that they used once and knocked off 50 bucks. Came in today so I'll put it on tonight and let you know if it take care of the problem. Hated to spend the extra 250 though.

I hear ya, if I don't have to I won't buy one right now, but hey let us know how it goes.

Yes Please Let us know asap. The white connector is behind the little black box held with the rubber band "Black Box" Take that off for eaiser access, take off the end of the white plastic peace and ground the wire off.

Back