• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Fully Clipped or Not? + PICS of my "RIPPED" Saw

SIMMER

TY 4 Stroke Master
Hey guys,

I'm down to 2 tracks....same profile except one is fully clipped and one isnt. Whats the consenus on this? Is it better to go fully clipped or go with a track clipped every 3rd?

I'm looking at a Camoplast 9833 (clipped) and a 9818 (clipped every 3rd. I'm not running extroverts (been there done that) just running stock wheels.

I know there is weight, but whats the thought on running a clipped track without running extroverts?

I'd have to think long and hard before going back to a fully clipped track myself.

Fully clipped 100% all the way!!!

4Fighter said:
I'd have to think long and hard before going back to a fully clipped track myself.

Fully clipped 100% all the way!!!

Let the debate begin... :Rockon:

Now you see why I'm having trouble with this? I get conflicting info from both sides. 4Fighter....why not clipped? Allan keep in mind that we ride alot of trails which are sometimes hard packed but most often not.

If you don't run lakes or ice road and won't do WOT for very long; you can go with the clipped every 3rd else FULL CLIPPED.

Why you ask.

I smoke the ripsaw + all 6 idler wheels doing WOT for 10 miles on lake last year. Funny, the guys I was following had NO damage at ALL.

I put a 1"track full clips and using narrow sliders. I really think I made a difference, but having try a 10 miles long on lake yet.

bye for now

fxr said:
fully clipped and what did you do to your track?

100-120mph on the dream meter for ohhh....about 3 days... :Rockon:

The RIPsaw is now truly a RIPPEDsaw. It now has a 14"x3" section section down the center that looks like a skinned rabbit. ;)!

I called Camoplast and they said that anyone doing sustained high speeds should NOT be running a 1.25" track and the delamination is caused by heat build up from the lugs. Camoplast recommends a 1" track for riding like this but I just can't bring myself to go back to 1" track.

Attachments

• DSC00032_resize.JPG
    DSC00032_resize.JPG
    128 KB · Views: 149
  • DSC00034_resize.JPG
    DSC00034_resize.JPG
    103.9 KB · Views: 140
  • DSC00035_resize.JPG
    DSC00035_resize.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 134
track

hey john i would go with the track rex is going to use. 9837h144. now that i am running a 1" track that mono suspension is a lot quieter. how is the excell exhaust noise on the long hauls?

I switched out the ripsaw last year for a fully clipped track.I will only buy fully clipped from now on.

Re: track

fxr said:
hey john i would go with the track rex is going to use. 9837h144. now that i am running a 1" track that mono suspension is a lot quieter. how is the excell exhaust noise on the long hauls?

Hey that's real similar to the 9833 but in a 1" version. I'll take a closer look. Thanks.

As for the exhaust.....it's only loud when you want it to be....I love it! You can't even hear it over 50mph unless you crack it....which I tend to do often :Rockon:

I have 2 sleds running the ripsaw clipped every third window but opened every window. No problems so far and it seems to have reduced hyfax wear over the closed window track.

rxwonder said:
fxr said:
fully clipped and what did you do to your track?

100-120mph on the dream meter for ohhh....about 3 days... :Rockon:

The RIPsaw is now truly a RIPPEDsaw. It now has a 14"x3" section section down the center that looks like a skinned rabbit. ;)!

I called Camoplast and they said that anyone doing sustained high speeds should NOT be running a 1.25" track and the delamination is caused by heat build up from the lugs. Camoplast recommends a 1" track for riding like this but I just can't bring myself to go back to 1" track.

Well if camoplast says the delamination is caused by heat build up from the lugs at sustained high speeds how is a fully clipped track going to help that???? Looks like the track delaminated inside of the clips.

I'll never go back to third window closed, just too much friction between the rubber and the Hyfax. Fully clipped just better all the way around.

Back