• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

GLOVES! - Which are the best / warmest

stunter1

Expert
Hey guys,

I need some new gloves. I ride a Phazer and my hands freeze. I have the Yamaha Team Race gloves and its time to retire them. My fingertipe freeze every ride. I bought some handguards which will help a little bit this year but I want to invest in some new gloves instead of a Yamaheater which I dont have the money for right now.

So...which gloves are you guys using and swear by. They need to be gloves (not the mitten type) be waterproof and preferrable be the style that pulls over you jacket sleave. Thats about it.

Thanks

klim gloves are great, but you will pay as much for good gloves as yamaheaters. I prefer a little thinner glove, with yamaheater(I run the klimate, but they have thicker ones) ...my hands smoke. Thanks rock!

sleddog66 said:
klim gloves are great, but you will pay as much for good gloves as yamaheaters. I prefer a little thinner glove, with yamaheater(I run the klimate, but they have thicker ones) ...my hands smoke. Thanks rock!

Couldnt have said it better myself! Yamaheaters with thinner gloves. Another good one is Klim Fusion glove. Has a unique system for more or less insulation for your hands depending on temps and preferences. I like to wear them with all insulation above my hand and just leather between my hand and warm grip, if that makes sense.

I have fought cold hands since I got frostbite years ago on my hands.

The glove of choice for me is one with gortex gore 2 in 1 glove. There is basically two slots in the gloves when you put them on, the 'grip' position puts a ton of insulation above your fingers and gives you a lot of grip and works great for riding with good bar heaters or with the yamaheater because the heat gets to your hand, and the insulation on top of your hand insulates your hands from the wind.

The other position you slide your hands in and put all the insulation UNDER your fingers and it adds warmth. This works great when its cold out and your outside and not on a bar heater.

These are not my gloves I cant remember what brand mine are I will have to go look but mine also have a chamber in them for a heat packet as well! I have never ever gotten cold hands again.

Again not my gloves but these show the gortex chambers that you can get on a lot of different gloves

http://www.gore-tex.com/remote/Satellit ... ore-2-in-1

True North Adventure Powder Storm....Had 3 different pairs of Klim gloves ...all junk except for the real light mechanix type. TNA are super light, warm and dry.

12 volt gloves are just about the only way to guarantee warm hands-- regardless of conditions. They work awesome wired direct to the battery (fused line). Take them off during a trail stop and when your ready to go again gloves are still toasty warm. ;)!

I think another solution is get the big Bumbo Ear Hand protector covers that you can get for the Nytro to go over your handprotectors. It is amazing how much better your hands are protected by the wind. I dont live in Maine but any thing under 20 degree's I wear the Klim Powercross Glove. Anything else, I wear the Inversion glove. I heard the Summit glove is amazing by Klim.

i've been wearing some gloves that were designed for ice fishing called Ice Armor - they have some neoprene in them - i alternate between those and the insulated mechanix style goves - i always carry my my regular gloves in my bag just in case.

my first year riding i used the togwatee gloves they seemed to be warm except on the really cold days so i picked up a pair of fusion gloves last year i really liked how you could have more grip or insulation.This year i picked up a pair of summit gloves,just waiting on some snow so i can try them out.

Klim Togwotee

I have a pair of Kilim Togwotee gloves and love them. They have leather palms so they have great grip to the handlbars while the rest of the glove is goretex. They seem to have plenty of warmth for the riding here in ontario, it can get cold and windy here - just not lately........Come on winter.
MS

I bought Klim Summit gloves last winter. Expensive but warm. The best pair of gloves I've ever had were a pair of Reima that were less than half the price of the klim. Those Reima wore like iron and were waterproof and warm with leather palms. To bad Scott bought them out.

I bought the Klim Fusion's this year. Haven't been able to ride with them yet but did wear them while ice fishing last weekend and I forgot it was cold outside. I think the dual glove system is great and really beneficial for snowmobilers as you can get close to the grip and have additional insulation on the back side of you hands if needed.

Search Klim Fusion on youtube, there should be a review of them that explains the dual glove design.

Expensive but worth it if it keep my hands warm.

Don't buy Klim Klimates. Palms ripped out after 1 season, they are thick, and didn't keep my hands warm at all. I picked up a much cheaper set of Castles (can't remember the model) and they are much thinner and warmer. I think the thinner gloves help the heat from the grips come through.

Yooper_Bob said:
I have been wearing the same pair of Cabela's Pinnacle gloves for close to 10 years now...they are awesome!

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas- ... l+Products

I took your advise and bought a pair of Cabela's Pinnacle gloves. I had some points to use so with shipping it costed me $10. I also get $60 worth of points for buying them. They are sweeeeeeeeeeeeet :-o .

Now we all need snow so we don't crowd each other on the same trail.

Happy New Year

Chester

:jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump:

:letsnow: :letsnow: :letsnow: :letsnow: :letsnow: :letsnow: :letsnow: :letsnow: :letsnow: :letsnow: :letsnow: :letsnow:

Back