• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Great news for CDN sled owners.

I have a friend near Charlevoix that paid almost $ 7k more than I did last year for an Apex XTX. His accessories are twice what I pay when shopping around the US. For Yamaha to tell the Canadian snowmobiler that this is the biggest news to benefit snowmobilers in a long time is outrageous.

If I had to tell my customers that cutting their prices was big news.... they'd ask me why I had to pork them all this time in the first place....and why they should be excited now for not having to bend over quite so far. I've been sledding for 25 years and the Yamaha quality is unquestioned, whether on the sled or the twin 250's hanging off my Grady but when they start hyping not screwing us as bad and "finding" profit margin to pass on in the form of lower parts and accessories pricing, it reaks of arrogance and taking the loyal customer base for granted.

Although I have better things to do than surf what mods I should be making to my $12k sled, this is a great site and good news for anyone buying OEM parts, but for Yamaha to think this is exciting news takes a lot of folks on this forum for bigger Yamaha boot lickers than many of us really are. They should shut up, lower their pricing, do it quietly and spend their time working on a new chassis.

Just installed my Dupont Hyfax. Bought from the USA $107 / pair. Canadian dealer asking $160 / pair. Took a close look on the top & it shows MADE IN CANADA. What`s that all about?

YamahAPEX said:
Just installed my Dupont Hyfax. Bought from the USA $107 / pair. Canadian dealer asking $160 / pair. Took a close look on the top & it shows MADE IN CANADA. What`s that all about?
Same deal with Tuner skis made in Quebec. Powersports1 Yamaha dealer had them for $55.96 on sale in Wisconsin. 42.9% more in Ontario(79.95) and we pay 13% tax on top of that! If the state tax in Wisconsin is 5% then:
55.96 79.95
+5% +13%
= 58.76 = 90.34
Actual purchase price is 90.34-58.76=31.58/58.76=53.7% higher in country of origin and Wisconsin is more than double the distance from Quebec! This discrepancy was always explained with the dollar difference (62 cents US$ vs Cdn dollar 9-10 years ago) but with our dollar at par or better for years now, the NAFTA agreement and the fact that Tuners and Dupont slides are made here, you would think that we Canadians would pay 30% less than our American counterparts. To add insult to injury, I was quoted $100-140 to have the $111.92 skis shipped to me.
Postscript #1-the skis have to pass by the house on their initial journey to Wisconsin from Quebec.
Postscript #2-Maybe I should take the passive Canadian approach and be happy to pay "only" $90.34 for a Tuner ski because I'm saving $1.57 per ski as compared to what it would have cost before our sales tax rate was LOWERED to 13% from 15%?

Yes , we are getting screwed. The Canadian dollar basically at par with the US$ & the free trade agreement is years old. Who can explain this without a lot of BS?

I ordered the Dupont slidders from Port Yamaha as they are back ordered in Canada. The price from Port after adding freight was $10 more than here. Was I ever surprised when I picked them up Saturday that I had to pay $23.78 duty! So think twice........

snoguzzler1 said:
I ordered the Dupont slidders from Port Yamaha as they are back ordered in Canada. The price from Port after adding freight was $10 more than here. Was I ever surprised when I picked them up Saturday that I had to pay $23.78 duty! So think twice........

Only $23.78 for duty...consider yourself lucky it wasn't sent with UPS

Back