• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Grizzly reverse light.

Yamloyal

Extreme
Anyone have a reverse light that comes on with the shifter? My friend and I put reverse lights on yesterday, turns out his brute fource had a plug in the back already that worked with his reverse indicator. I could not find a plug on my 700. I'm going to have to use a relay.

Nevermind, I have it hooked up so when it's in reverse the light will come on, but shuts off with the key, or when not in reverse. If anyone wants info on it, just let me know.

First you need to get a relay with a normally closed contact, they sell them at auto stores. The reverse wire on top of the trans has a constent ground through it untill it is in reverse, then the ground is broke. (if you jump this wire to ground all the time your limiter will be bypassed, but the indicator will not work)

So what I did was put the reverse wire to one side of the coil on the relay, and ignition to the other side. Then I put ignition to the common terminal, and the wire going to the reverse light on the normally closed.

The relay will be powered when the quad is in any gear but reverse. When in reverse the relay "drops out" and closes the contacts to power the light. This is also why I use the ignition wire to power the relay and the light. So when the key is off there is no power draw.

Let me know if you need any better detail, I'm a Industrial Electrician, so I explain it how I know it.

Pics would be great if you have some. Electrical work isn't my thing, but I learn well with pics.

I'll see what I can do, just in the middle of 3 truck builds, and work. But i'll try to get out and take some pics.

Well here is some pics, don't think they will help any, but I could do a wire diagram if needed. I didn't get to take the side panel off to get a pic of the reverse wire, too much other junk to work on.

Attachments

• 0423081643a.jpg
    0423081643a.jpg
    253.9 KB · Views: 251
  • 0423081644a.jpg
    0423081644a.jpg
    293.7 KB · Views: 269
  • 0423081753a.jpg
    0423081753a.jpg
    425.8 KB · Views: 252
Thank you. I word on machines for a living, so I get a little anal when it comes to installing things. I'm going to fill in between the light mount ant the plate, since it is the only open area. I think it would clean it up alot. I put PIAA's up front also. They cost, but well worth it.

Attachments

• grizzpiaa.jpg
    grizzpiaa.jpg
    238.8 KB · Views: 249

Back