• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hairline crack

yamahahaapex

TY 4 Stroke Master
Well after reading about all the problems with the skid cracking I finally found one. Only 4500kms on pristine trails driven sanely and I still cant believe it. Right up in the front about an inch long. Its not bad but I think its a sign of things to come. Going to take everything apart and grind er and weld er. Not to mention add a few things to make the frame stronger.

yeah like i dont do any crazy jumps or anything, ride smooth trails and in 4500kms this happened, pretty brutal, oh and i must add this to the list, changed one bogey last season, greased all the other ones. this year the new one is still good but the other five are all warped, bearings are still good but wheels are wobbly. Brutal

Ok im not starting a pissing match about well i drove this brand for how long and never had anything wrong etc etc. Just hard to believe the wheels get beat up so bad. Bottom line I shouldnt be replacing bogey wheels every year(2000 kms) when a guy rides in average above average snow levels, like I said the bearings are good but the wheels warp. Best and cheapest solution is find a bogey wheel that you can interchange the bearings from.

yamahahaapex said:
Ok im not starting a pissing match about well i drove this brand for how long and never had anything wrong etc etc. Just hard to believe the wheels get beat up so bad. Bottom line I shouldnt be replacing bogey wheels every year(2000 kms) when a guy rides in average above average snow levels, like I said the bearings are good but the wheels warp. Best and cheapest solution is find a bogey wheel that you can interchange the bearings from.

The issues you are having are very common. There is a ton of info on this site about what to do to remedy them.

I do agree with you though, these little things are pretty stupid we have to dea with them. But they are easy to fix, and fix permantly.. Just do some searching on this forum.

Bogey wheels or motors :) that's the question.

I agree tho that we should not have these problems with the weels, cracking arms in the suspension, cracking skid slide rails. There are after market wheels to buy if you're not happy with the stock ones.

X2 - modding and maintaining my sleds keeps me sane in the off-season :)

Back