• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Has anyone stripped the decals off the tunnel?

Just did my stickers last night, side panels with ease with only slight heating, and tunnel was more work started with heat, after they are off the glue remains and then the work begins.

Hair blower always is best heat(not heat gun) and tunnel came off but left the stickum, which I spent some time on.

Ive likely done this type of work hundreds of times now, and 91% Isopropyl alcohol is your friend. But use a SOFT MICROFIBER cloth on tunnel as a paper towel will scratch it(Tunnel paint is soft). I spent some time working ISO with fingers in circular motion, softens all the stickem, and keep working at it. wiping in between.

Man the RED Paint on these tunnels is really nice, looks mint. I have been planning my vinyl design now for a day or two, and think I might vinyl the tunnel at top/rear as I know It will eventually get scratched up.....So it would be nice to have some vinyl there to protect it, before I start with my LinQ idea. After is all off, apply several coats of a soft wax and really buff it hard to get the tunnel to a mint perfect sheen.

Dan

IMG_9663.JPG
IMG_9665.JPG
IMG_9666.JPG
IMG_9664.JPG
IMG_9671.JPG
IMG_9672.JPG
IMG_9675.JPG
IMG_9680.JPG
IMG_9679.JPG
IMG_9673.JPG

Last edited:

How do you like that seat Dan? It looks good and I'll bet it's comfy.
Its very nice.....It is slightly taller throughout, but more toward front which I like for twisties. And the look for me is much more modern without that tail. And it has alot to do with m LinQ setup I want to run too, more tunnel space with this seat

Dan

IMG_9636.JPG
IMG_9634.JPG

Back