• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Heated Gloves for riding in extreme cold?

Jon or anyone else looking for warm hands. Go to outdoorgearlab.com and search for heated gloves. If you thought Winders were $$$, how bout 500 stones for a pair of gloves ? Still cheaper than a case of frostbit pinkies.

Jon or anyone else looking for warm hands. Go to outdoorgearlab.com and search for heated gloves. If you thought Winders were $$$, how bout 500 stones for a pair of gloves ? Still cheaper than a case of frostbit pinkies.
Big bucks for the gloves on that site

I have the klim resistors. I ordered the fxr recon ones but they felt so big and bulky I wasnt sure once fully broke in if they would be comfortable or not so I sent them back. The klim are warm gloves even with the heat turned off. They are still a bit bulky but not even close to the fxrs imo. I find they work best if you turn them on before you get to the point of cold fingers. They start off on high for 10 minutes and then go to medium on their own, you can toggle them back to high if you want. Its $30 for extra batteries which I will get for next year because you just never know. But overall its a good quality warm glove and keeps my hands warm. On real cold days I start the ride with them on low or medium and my hands stay warm. Nothing beats gauntlets of course but I wanted warm hands without having a giant windshield so mission successful. I never had issues with hands but 4-5 years ago I had a very small piece of my index finger amputated( pallet fork tractor incident lol) and all the years of wrenching on logging equipment in the cold has caught up to me.

I have the klim resistors. I ordered the fxr recon ones but they felt so big and bulky I wasnt sure once fully broke in if they would be comfortable or not so I sent them back. The klim are warm gloves even with the heat turned off. They are still a bit bulky but not even close to the fxrs imo. I find they work best if you turn them on before you get to the point of cold fingers. They start off on high for 10 minutes and then go to medium on their own, you can toggle them back to high if you want. Its $30 for extra batteries which I will get for next year because you just never know. But overall its a good quality warm glove and keeps my hands warm. On real cold days I start the ride with them on low or medium and my hands stay warm. Nothing beats gauntlets of course but I wanted warm hands without having a giant windshield so mission successful. I never had issues with hands but 4-5 years ago I had a very small piece of my index finger amputated( pallet fork tractor incident lol) and all the years of wrenching on logging equipment in the cold has caught up to me.
Thanks for the info.. Another finger amputated person KNOWS how hard it is to keep warm near the injury..

"I find they work best if you turn them on before you get to the point of cold fingers.""
This is the biggest thing for me with my injured hand.. ONCE its cold its really hard to get feeling back! Interesting you mention this! I agree with you on this statement.

Does anyone use gauntlets that can go over the hand guards? I run the skins and do not want to remove them for gauntlets.. That's why Im going heated gloves unless gauntlets can go over these.
View attachment 160135
My ski doo gauntlets fit inside the hand guards so I don’t remove them. My hand guards are the Yamaha ones.

Not sure I have ever seen them go OVER the hand guards .

My ski doo gauntlets fit inside the hand guards so I don’t remove them. My hand guards are the Yamaha ones.

Not sure I have ever seen them go OVER the hand guards .

I'm not sure any of them would go over the handguards. I cut a slit in my Klim ones to fit over the handguard bracket on my old Nytro. The handguards on my SW are mounted closer to the clamp so no slit is needed and the slit doesn't cause any issues.

I had a finger reattached. At least 2 knuckles worth. I put RSI heaters on my 2 stroke Cat and added Skinz Heat loc Handguards trail series. I bought doo 3 finger leather gloves. And it worked. I have put heatloc handguards on both my Vectors. And it allowed us to run with the stock windshields. But the best feature when you get into trouble and stop. Is the rear exhaust to warm up your hands. I learned that along time ago on my friends RX1. Who I rode with. Many years ago.

I have the FXR Transfer gloves. Agree with justinator best practice is to turn on low immediately on cold days. Gloves have three heat settings. Definitely need to carry spare batteries on rides 5+ hours on low setting. High setting batteries will drain in ~2 hours. I’m not convinced these gloves are the answer, especially at $250. Maybe for the wife, but long riding on cold days these gloves don’t cut it. I’m really interested in trying Klim gauntlets after reading all the good reports here. Bought a set early in the season and just haven’t tried yet!

It is amazing how HOT the grips are with thin gloves and gauntlets
X2.. I wear fxr transfer gloves without gauntlets and find my hands are way warmer than wearing thicker gloves..
On northern trips when temps happens to drop below -30*c I have a pair of 12v heated motorcycle glove liners which work amazing to the point that they will burn your hands if you don’t have a control.

On this past Friday I wore my wife's electric gloves by Rocket...it was pretty cold and windy in the morning. I put the setting on medium and tried them out. First, it was hard to get them on, the glove had a hard time with going over my jacket sleeve or under the sleeve...not good. when its cold and you have to take off the glove last thing you want is trouble getting them back on.
I use gauntlets so a thinner glove works best and these gloves worked good under the gauntlet and I never had cold hands. The palm side of the glove is thin, the backside is heated I believe but not the palm side. My impression is they do keep your hands warm but tough to get on.

I have the FXR Transfer gloves. Agree with justinator best practice is to turn on low immediately on cold days. Gloves have three heat settings. Definitely need to carry spare batteries on rides 5+ hours on low setting. High setting batteries will drain in ~2 hours. I’m not convinced these gloves are the answer, especially at $250. Maybe for the wife, but long riding on cold days these gloves don’t cut it. I’m really interested in trying Klim gauntlets after reading all the good reports here. Bought a set early in the season and just haven’t tried yet!
I also have a pair of fxr heated transfer gloves that I got as a gift, I can’t be bothered with batteries, I found some 12 v to 7.4v converters on Amazon and will try that directly to the sled battery. Will be a good summer project.

Anyone try using the battery operated heated gloves when it sub zero temps?
I'm missing the tip of my middle finger on right hand, and no matter what I do i have issues in colder temps. So for next year planning to try heated gloves on cold mornings and days.. Wondering if anyone tried this.
Thanks

This is from the worth a try department ... Absorbine JR. or some other version of horse linimint on the injured finger. And I wouldn't wear gloves, that damaged digit can snuggle with his buds in a mitt.

Back