• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Heated grips on passenger seat

NLer

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2015 Srviper STX-DX
Bought an used Yamaha passenger seat for 2015 Viper stx-dx. It has the heated grips with wiring to disconnect. However, it did not have the wiring harness needed to tie into the snowmobile. Yamaha sells the complete setup but too expensive for the part I need. Do anybody have the install instructions so I can make up the missing part and tie into the sleds electrical system. Furthermore, would the power to heaters go off when ignition switch is off?
Thanks

I don't have a copy of the install instructions, but I do have the passenger seat with heated grips. There is an unused electrical plug located by the reverse servo. That is where the heated grips plug into for a power source. And yes ... if you leave the passenger heated grips on, power to them is shut off when the ignition is shut off. So if you forget and leave them on, your battery will not run down.

Also wondering if there is another way to mount Yamaha passenger seat. Mine attaches in the rear bumper using bolts (torx) that protrudes into the tunnel. I was wondering if somebody had a way to make it quicker to attach/detach.

I'd also like to know if there's an easier way to fasten the factory 2 up seat. I already have track rubbing issues and the seat hardware makes that gap even smaller. Removing the seat trail side would be a pain in the #*$&@. I made a jump start quick connect pig tail just in case I get a dead battery. It has a sealed cover like one a tow truck would use.

I still use bolts to fasten mine through the pockets within the bumper. But, instead of messing around with nuts on the inside of the tunnel, I installed rivetnuts on the tunnel. They are shallow enough not to come into contact with the track. And I use stainless steel allen bolts. So it only takes 1 tool (t-handle allen wrench) to put on / take off the seat. With the quick disconnect for the heated grips located by the battery, the whole process takes me under 5 mins.

Good Idea! I'll definitely go that route.

I still use bolts to fasten mine through the pockets within the bumper. But, instead of messing around with nuts on the inside of the tunnel, I installed rivetnuts on the tunnel. They are shallow enough not to come into contact with the track. And I use stainless steel allen bolts. So it only takes 1 tool (t-handle allen wrench) to put on / take off the seat. With the quick disconnect for the heated grips located by the battery, the whole process takes me under 5 mins.
What size did you have to use or did you redrill the existing holes?

What size did you have to use or did you redrill the existing holes?
I used a rivetnut that accepts a 1/4-20 bolt. So I think I had to drill out the holes in the tunnel a bit larger.

I used a rivetnut that accepts a 1/4-20 bolt. So I think I had to drill out the holes in the tunnel a bit larger.
Hi,
I just bought 2 used Sidewinders (2017 S TX 137's) and I'd like to add the Yamaha seat to one of them.
Will these fit?

Tks!

Back