• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Help! Rear heat exchanger chewed to S##T.

yamisxr

I have a 09 Vector GT LTX with the stock rear heat exchanger and stock tunnel protectors. I studded my stock Ripsaw this year with 1.375" Woody's Megabites. After a ride yesterday where I bottomed 2 or 3 times, I was going over my machine and noticed some nasty gouging through the fins of the rear exchanger. There are no holes or leaks but I don't want it to get worse!

Anyone else have the problem? What did you do to resolve it? :dunno:

Put shims on the protectors to keep the track away from the exchanger when you bottom.

Yea this has been a problem since the 06 Attak. YAMAHA dosent seem to be in a big hurry to fix
it. Try using some old hyfax and rivit it to your existing tunnel protectors. you only need about 10 inches long on each side.

SNOW HO said:
Yea this has been a problem since the 06 Attak. YAMAHA dosent seem to be in a big hurry to fix
it. Try using some old hyfax and rivit it to your existing tunnel protectors. you only need about 10 inches long on each side.
yep, thats what you need to do. i did it to mine and it works! maake sure that you go about an inch and a half forward of the bend in the stock protectors

Thanks Snow Ho and swmichvector! That's exactly what I was thinking of doing. Now that our snow is melting, I'll git'r'dun.

Don't get into the upper wheel area. Stay behind it or end behind it with a taper.

You really should stay with 1.325" studs to prevent that kind of damage.

Back