• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Help... sensor fell out.

race24x

TY 4 Stroke Master
Website
www.r-scomputer.com
Ok changing my top gear out put the chaincase back in and I found this sensor laying in the bottom of the belly pan under the oil tank. What did I unplug/break and where does it go?

Attachments

• 20191230_173543_resized.jpg
    20191230_173543_resized.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 908

I had the same thing happen to mine. there is a dimple in the side of the chain case that it sits in looked to me that it was silicone in so that is how I reattached it. I have not got it back together yet so I hope it works. seems like it might be a speed sensor reading the magnets on the side of the drive shaft.

I found where it goes but what is it and can I just glue epoxy right stuff it back on the chaincase? What is this thing...

Attachments

• 20191230_174802_resized.jpg
    20191230_174802_resized.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 567
I found where it goes but what is it and can I just glue epoxy right stuff it back on the chaincase? What is this thing...
right stuff it back on chain case make sure it’s cleaned very well with no oil on anything use brake cleaner and clean cloth. It happened in our group 2 season ago and never had issue since. Vehicle speed sensor for speedo

thanks Pan

Yes it is a speed sensor. Mine fell off also and speedo showed 200 mph plus constantly. Would not let reverse work. Clean and use good RTU silicone to reattach. If you rode it for awhile detached, you may gain up to 500 mi. on odometer that you didn't have before.

Back