• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Help with XTX

I have also been reading alot of other post's and looking at pics to get some good idea's and one question is why are a lot of you changing your plugs to cr10ek. Elevation? Hotter?

Good info thanks. I'm just hoping I'm going to like this thing, I have been off yamai's for about 18 years I was a Ski-Doo dealer, now, no gun to the head time to try somthing differant.

you can use on apex or nytro with the same gain..yamaha goes for the utmost of reliability , startability etc....colder plug COULD have a small degree of more issues with this and even a greater CHANCE of fouling...like minimal...but enough to prevent them from spec'ing it as stock... street bikes have the same situation and anomoly and swap them out all the time

wow....5 pages of this??

first off i LOVE my nytro. best sled ive ever seen/rode.
I have no tiring issues, but im no wimp either. I'm 200#s, do construction, and ride something with handlebars year round.(atv/sled/motorcycle)

I did however ditch my stock skis within 35 miles. they were horrible, couldnt turn for $HIT.
now, ive got simmons gen1 on with dual 6" cutting carbide. now my sled corners like a dream and effort is minimal on trails.
HOWEVER, they are almost IMPOSSIBLE to turn with the sled stopped. like on the trailer i have to almost hop the machine to reposition skis.
is this a big deal? not really, pick a better line loading the machine, and just start moving before trying to do a u-turn.
I'd say stick with it, but its your dough, plenty of dealers need to unload sleds, so do what makes u happy man.

Groomer08 Where are you in Bridgton? I didn't think anybody around here had an xtx. Maybe would could get together sometime and I can come peek at your sled.

What would be a fair price to sell my sled for?

2009 Yamaha Nytro XTX
- 1150 miles
- handlebar bag
- dumbo ears
- new ball joint

If I were you I would try some of the minor changes everybody on here has mentioned it's worth a shot, hey I went out and bought one and have not even ridden one yet or sat on it, but reading everything on this site I can't go wrong I guess?

price

should be worth 7g i figure. Shame it didnt work out for you, but hey, this sled is NOT for everybody.
2 of my buddys have xtxs in blue and they love their sled.
say its the sickest thing on the snow.
they really like how the experienced guy with the new doo xp800 who talked so much crap cant hang. hes almost ended up in the woods twice trying!!(and their xtxs still have stock skis!!) guess he shouldnt have left yami so quik. (he had a warrior)
they are very similar riders to me. under 30 who have ridden(hammered) dirtbikes their whole lives.

Re: price

Groomer08 said:
should be worth 7g i figure. Shame it didnt work out for you, but hey, this sled is NOT for everybody.
2 of my buddys have xtxs in blue and they love their sled.
say its the sickest thing on the snow.
they really like how the experienced guy with the new doo xp800 who talked so much crap cant hang. hes almost ended up in the woods twice trying!!(and their xtxs still have stock skis!!) guess he shouldnt have left yami so quik. (he had a warrior)
they are very similar riders to me. under 30 who have ridden(hammered) dirtbikes their whole lives.

I would have liked it to work. I really would. I think being 5ft 9in 120lbs the sleds just to heavy for me. Im planning on bulking up over the summer but I dont think that will solve the heaviness of the sled, especially off trail.

Back