• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Help with XTX

Worked for close to a year at a motorcycle dealership. I just got in from starting it up. Dont get me wrong. I love the looks and quality of it but theres just alot of thing not to like.

On another note, I siphoned the gas out of it this spring (mid April) untill the gas light come. I didnt add any fuel treatmeants for the ethanol. Should I be concerned?

I'm not sure. I use fuel stabilizer, but I don't even know if my fuel up here has ethanol in it. It breaks down and separates in the fuel after time, right?

I leave my sled full of fuel, and I fire it up couple times a month, run it till the rad fan comes on and then shut it down. Plus doing maintenance through the summer has me firing it up often.

Someone here will talk about the ethanol issue i'm sure.

Maine-Rider said:
Yellowknife said:
You're 5'9" and 120 pounds?

I'm 5'7" and 130, and I can throw around any sled out there except the bearcat lol

If the steering is too tough, you should be building shoulder muscles just from riding! lol

Seriously, how old are you? What do you do for a living?

It is clear you aren't happy with this machine and you aren't taking any advice here into action, smells a little off to me...

Haha, im 17. Ill be turning 18 this September. I have been lifting weights, but by no means a "muscle man". I think I just alittle ticked off. I spend close $9000 and by no means is what I expected. Skis suck, suspention is horrible, handwarmers are a joke, and the gas tank is tiny.

I feel your pain. But you can fix all those problems. New skis, a shock revalve, yamaheater and the boost module is crazy good, and a trail tank or saddle fuel bags.

But do the shock revalve before you buy skis, I've heard if the shocks are valved correctly it can make steering easier, then you can get more aggressive skis, or adjust accordingly.

Then you'll have close to 12,000 bucks into it, so you better decide now if you like the sled enough to spend more money on it. decisions decisions...

I hear you. I just dont think its worth it. Adding the bigger fuel tank will just make it heavier then it already is making off trail exploring that much harder.

Yeah, I wish I could have weighed my sled after a couple hundred mile ride, full of fuel. With the bigger skis, bigger tank, longer track, studs, extros, bigger seat, rack, vents, relocate, riser, storage bags, tools and supplies...and the 50 lbs of ice build up!

Before I get blasted, I'm aware I added all that stuff so its partially my fault its so heavy.

I took my 136 rtx out west and off trail I could anywhere my buddies could go, who were all riding 136" two stroke 700 and 800 polaris'. I had to remove my coupler blocks to get the weight transfer I needed ( your xtx doesn't have these), threw on a 2" paddle track, and put on simmons skis. But then it was nearly impossible to tail ride it fast cause it wouldn't corner, at all.

But sometimes I would get stuck in the dumbest places! Just driving along and the sled would just sink. It would have probably 100 lbs of slush and ice under the tunnel, just packed up in there, and frozen all the way to the back of the tunnel extension and halfway down the snow flap. With the weight of the sled, and me, plus gear, it would probably weigh an easy 1000 pounds.

sleddingfarmer said:
Yeah, I wish I could have weighed my sled after a couple hundred mile ride, full of fuel. With the bigger skis, bigger tank, longer track, studs, extros, bigger seat, rack, vents, relocate, riser, storage bags, tools and supplies...and the 50 lbs of ice build up!

Before I get blasted, I'm aware I added all that stuff so its partially my fault its so heavy.

I took my 136 rtx out west and off trail I could anywhere my buddies could go, who were all riding 136" two stroke 700 and 800 polaris'. I had to remove my coupler blocks to get the weight transfer I needed ( your xtx doesn't have these), threw on a 2" paddle track, and put on simmons skis. But then it was nearly impossible to tail ride it fast cause it wouldn't corner, at all.

But sometimes I would get stuck in the dumbest places! Just driving along and the sled would just sink. It would have probably 100 lbs of slush and ice under the tunnel, just packed up in there, and frozen all the way to the back of the tunnel extension and halfway down the snow flap. With the weight of the sled, and me, plus gear, it would probably weigh an easy 1000 pounds.

1000 lbs? You must be a big dude!

Glad your 136" Nytro was alright out west, I'll be taking mine to Montana in March.

haha, well 1000 lbs is a bit of an exaggeration. But whats the wet weight of a nytro? I think its right around 600 pounds. Plus 50 extra for my extra junk on it, 100 for the ice, at least 250 for me with gear.

Actually, that is 1000 lbs. damn, thats a lot of weight.

yeah it did pretty good out west. I didn't want to go any higher up the hills than it would take me!

Make sure you have a 2" track and the widest skis you can find. I got stuck a few times from the front end digging in and stopping me. Also, it has so much torque, and instant throttle response that it digs itself right into the snow, and you get stuck. A 144" would be quite a bit better for the amount of power it has. I'd invest some time into making a block off plate for the tunnel, at least a partial block off plate...try to prevent some of that icing.

sleddingfarmer said:
haha, well 1000 lbs is a bit of an exaggeration. But whats the wet weight of a nytro? I think its right around 600 pounds. Plus 50 extra for my extra junk on it, 100 for the ice, at least 250 for me with gear.

Actually, that is 1000 lbs. damn, thats a lot of weight.

yeah it did pretty good out west. I didn't want to go any higher up the hills than it would take me!

Make sure you have a 2" track and the widest skis you can find. I got stuck a few times from the front end digging in and stopping me. Also, it has so much torque, and instant throttle response that it digs itself right into the snow, and you get stuck. A 144" would be quite a bit better for the amount of power it has. I'd invest some time into making a block off plate for the tunnel, at least a partial block off plate...try to prevent some of that icing.

Yeah my track is a 136"x15"x2" challenger and the skis are Powderhounds. I've removed all of the tunnel protectors and the block off plate was something I was considering as well. Thanks for the advice.

Thinking of giving my XTX one more chance this winter. What do you guys think? I want to spend the least amount of money possible to make it handle better and steer eaiser.

it has so much torque, and instant throttle response that it digs itself right into the snow, and you get stuck

Lower your engagement...easy fix!!!!!

Yellowknife said:
Turk said:
it has so much torque, and instant throttle response that it digs itself right into the snow, and you get stuck

Lower your engagement...easy fix!!!!!

lol, or don't press the gas so much! hahahahahaha Comes with practice/learning to drive a snowmobile.

Lol yeah, But I can hold on so much tighter if I just hold it right to the bars!

Back