• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hey Sidewinder guys have you seen this? GAP cold air intake ram air for factory airbox !!

Frogzskin has all kinds of sizes and shapes. A number of companies sell panel vents like Moflow, etc. The ones I have in the front of both of my side panels I got at SpeedWerx. I also have a number of Frogzskin ones.

Those look good TF. Do they sell them in blue?

Those look good TF. Do they sell them in blue?
Yes.
large_3652_ACZR18VK-2.jpg

https://speedwerx.com/index.php/pan...-2017-2019-9000-models-yamaha-sidewinder.html

Well, just ordered myself a GAP Air Intake and some venting for my Sidewinder!

Awesome!!!! Will you have time to test before the snow melts?? Inquiring minds need to know??????

Awesome!!!! Will you have time to test before the snow melts?? Inquiring minds need to know??????

No. Unfortunately, my season is over with for the year. :-(

I figured why not try it knowing that there are good venting options available. If I don’t like it, I can always just remove it. Looks like one piece of the air box would have to be replaced, but that’s no big deal.

TD has 10% off along with the exchange rate being kind to us in the US so the price wasn’t too bad.

I have the Gap ram air as well as the MoFlow full vent kit on my Winder. The only place I didn't put the MoFlow vents was on the lower side panel on the clutch side as I have the BOP belt guard on that side and didn't feel it would flow any air to the clutches.
I rode the sled a bit with the Gap Ram Air but hard to tell if it helped or not because the sled is already Crazy fast.
I did win the King of The Trail class in our local snow drags with it installed so it didn't hurt!

gap.png
gap1.png

I have the Gap ram air as well as the MoFlow full vent kit on my Winder. The only place I didn't put the MoFlow vents was on the lower side panel on the clutch side as I have the BOP belt guard on that side and didn't feel it would flow any air to the clutches.
I rode the sled a bit with the Gap Ram Air but hard to tell if it helped or not because the sled is already Crazy fast.
I did win the King of The Trail class in our local snow drags with it installed so it didn't hurt!

View attachment 154441 View attachment 154442

Are you getting a higher boost reading?

IMHO boost is controlled by ECU via waste gate control with feedback/input to ECU from a few other sensors. How would putting this gizmo on cause more boost? Maybe I just don't get it? To me, it's like putting magnets on your fuel line in your car increases your mileage?

IMHO boost is controlled by ECU via waste gate control with feedback/input to ECU from a few other sensors. How would putting this gizmo on cause more boost? Maybe I just don't get it? To me, it's like putting magnets on your fuel line in your car increases your mileage?

I agree..its only good for feeding cool air to the airbox...IMO
I think comparing before and after AFR may be more indicative to whats going on.

View attachment 154441 View attachment 154442
Love how it looks stock!! Pretty stealthy!

Back