• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

HID Adjustment?

Have the same issue going with the high beams. I was even losing one of the bulbs at different times, i would think that that may be a small wiring issue.

I experimented with shimming the bulbs and found it did help with the high low differential but it also narrows the beam width. I used the mounting flanges off the halogen bulbs for shims but found they were to much (aprox 1/8"). If you're going to try this mod a 1/16" shim gives the best results.
http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php? ... fferential

I decided to remove the shims and try a modification to the anti glare shield instead. The bottom of the shield has a small opening which allows light to pass through to the bottom of the headlight housing when the bulb is pulled back for high beams. I used a dye grinder to open up the slit toward the rear of the bulb. I've also removed the nose cone and together these changes have improved the overall illumination for both beams.

Back