• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

HID Bi-xenon kit installed in 2008 FX NytroRTX

SNOWDOG not sure if it was posted further back or not. But do you have any idea on what the price will be for this kit?

NLViper said:
SNOWDOG not sure if it was posted further back or not. But do you have any idea on what the price will be for this kit?

Still determining the price based on the custom harness and how many we have to buy, but I am trying to have the final fit and finish by early next week and then with some luck will have them ready to ship the first week in December.

These were posted in this thread earlier that another user bought:
http://www.omnixautosports.com/H4-hid-b ... on-kit.htm

These are about the same efficiency ans the ones I am working on. The more efficient they are the better!!! The kits you see for 75-100 bucks are junk and the real cheapies are not hi/low kits. This kit above is a nice kit but it's also $240.00 bucks.

With the custom harness...I am going to shoot for $125.00 for intro pricing and that is a steal for this kit. Not sure yet though. They could be closer to $150 but I will know soon. That harness determines everything.

Thanks,
SD

If the kit is plug and play with good qualityt contstruction, $150 is one hell of a price. $50-$75 more than chepo kits is worth not having them #*$&@ the bed in the middle of the trail.

Thanks for the reply! Looks like I will be having a set as well then!!

Chatted on the phone today with stopdropanroll. We don't live to far apart and he has quite a llot of experience with these HID's so we may try to get together to fine tune a few things. May delay a bit BUT I would rather have more input from him as to what he thinks of the kit and maybe some other options as far as bulbs etc. The 6000 according to him in his experience may be to reflective in the snow, and the 4300 may be much better suited for the sleds as the snow and how whit it is really causes a reflection with the whiter lights. He may chime in on this as him and a few of his buddies have been riding with these for a season or 2 now.
The 6000's looked fantastic on the road when I rolled the sled out in the street, but I can see what he is talking about here. They may really reflect. There are a few more things we discussed as well...but I will post up more when I have more to post. Like the remote starts I want these right and I do not want to rush it. I think we can still make some fast headway as there will be nowhere as much as research as the remote starts.

SD

It was a treat to chat with you SNOWDOG, Yes, I have seen the good, the bad, and the ugly with HID, and after logging 2500 miles on 3 different sleds last year and comparing 8,6 and 4300k kits the 4300k seems to be the winner in my book. I only run these kits for improved lighting and not cuz I want to look like a Civic at Hot Import Nights. SNOWDOG and I will put our heads together to find the very best setup availible.

I will be at SEMA next week, I will keep my eye out for any new things in the automotive lighting department.

Ditto on the chat stopdropanroll!

I just got these thin ballasts in today and they are so small yet beefy. I would really like to hook up and show you what I have. We'll keep in touch and if Monday works out before you roll to SEMA you have my number so just ring me Sunday. Earlier the better for me. Maybe we can just take a few hours in the morning if I can get a early start to your place.

Thanks again,
SD

SNOWDOG said:
Ditto on the chat stopdropanroll!

I just got these thin ballasts in today and they are so small yet beefy. I would really like to hook up and show you what I have. We'll keep in touch and if Monday works out before you roll to SEMA you have my number so just ring me Sunday. Earlier the better for me. Maybe we can just take a few hours in the morning if I can get a early start to your place.

Thanks again,
SD

Will do. I think monday will work out.

So stopdropanroll (Kyle) and I got together early Monday AM to discuss the HID kits. He has dealt with these quite a bit along with all kinds of car accessories. He was getting ready to rip apart a brand new car for a dealer. Pretty impressive when you can work on that new stuff. It is much different than the old days...
Anyhow....He seemed to be pretty impressed with the kits and especially the thin ballasts. Wait until you guys see these things. They are really nice and thin. Smaller than any I have seen out there yet very well built.
Kyle had some kits on his shelf and we compared. There are very similar, but the packaging on the kit I brought was much nicer and the external relay box seemed to be more watertight and even has a nice rubber boot to go over the connector. This is one area that Kyle has seen major failure was this relay box. The other weak point on these kits is one of the connectors from the harness to the bulb itself has a connector that is a nice tight fit...almost too tight that getting it apart caused the heat shrink to pull back and I ended up breaking the wires from the bulb. Anyone with one of these kits know what I mean. this will be a problem on the sleds where the light pod has to be removed all the time. That connector will be getting used a lot. I have talked to the factory and we have found 2 solutions. A much better connector with a release tab AND adhesive heat shrink. The non adhesive heat shrink slips off that particular connector too easy as it's a very flat and slick connector.

I am having sample harnesses made up right now so I can inspect this new set up before we order these in bulk.

So in a nut shell once we hammer out the details I should see these fairly quick. I have them building custom length harnesses removing all the extra wire and adding a few inches where it's needed. Also adding a much better water tight fuse holder as all the kits I have seen so far do not have this.

One more thing Kyle and I discussed from his real world experience on the trails is the 6000K's are a great light and probably the best choice for the street as they are the truest white, they are almost too bright for trail. He said that using them on the snow caused a lot of shadowing kind of like riding at dusk. We all know what that's like. Hard to see moguls,dips etc...

He has been running the 4300's and said that it"s definitely the way to go. They are much brighter and crisper than the stockers, but don't cause the shadowing like the 6000's. Also he mentioned everyone he rode with complained about the 6000's for the same reason if he was behind them, but now that he has swapped to the 4300's nobody is complaining. I think after looking at how bright the 6000's were on the street when I tested these, he is most likely right on this. I thinking we will ship the kits with 4300 bulbs but I will carry some 6000's on the site and those can be ordered separate OR we may do 2 different kits. Not sure yet. The factory also agrees with this. They said that the 4300's are a better fit on the white snow.

Those of you running these...please pipe in...

Thanks all... :Rockon:

SD

I'll have the HID kit I'm working on installed on the SledStart demo sled at Novi. I have the new thin ballasts on it as well. Stop by the Ulmer booth if your there to check them out! The Demo sled will be set up outside by the main entrance. (at least that's what I am hoping for as they let us park it on the sidewalk right out front in Milwaukee)

Ulmers booth number is 314.

See ya there!
SD
:Rockon: :Rockon: :Rockon:

Snowdog: what is the latest on the HID kit?

I just installed the DDM 55W slim ballast kit on my Nytro and having as issue when switching from High to Low beam. They turn on fine and going from Low to High beam work fine, but when going from High to Low beam they both shut off for a second before coming back on Low beam. Any ideas why they are doing that? Am I going to need to ditch these and buy your kit?

ralger said:

I just installed the DDM 55W slim ballast kit on my Nytro and having as issue when switching from High to Low beam. They turn on fine and going from Low to High beam work fine, but when going from High to Low beam they both shut off for a second before coming back on Low beam. Any ideas why they are doing that? Am I going to need to ditch these and buy your kit?

So the "light" shuts off momentarly when going from high to low? Check your voltage at the relay to see if thats the problem. Not to be the "I told you so" but this is the problem with allot of kits out there, may be a fixable thing but its just mainly low quality production. I suggest SNOWDOG's kit, I have looked it over and its a nice piece. He came to my shop today and we spoke about these kits, they should be comming very soon. I am sure he will chime in.

stopdropanroll said:
ralger said:

So the "light" shuts off momentarly when going from high to low? Check your voltage at the relay to see if thats the problem. Not to be the "I told you so" but this is the problem with allot of kits out there, may be a fixable thing but its just mainly low quality production. I suggest SNOWDOG's kit, I have looked it over and its a nice piece. He came to my shop today and we spoke about these kits, they should be comming very soon. I am sure he will chime in.
Unfortunately, I bought the kit a while ago before seeing this thread. I just finally got around to installing it.

I will check the voltage at the relay.

Thanks

I would wait for SNOWDOG to have his kit ready for sale. It will be a high quality plug & play kit.

It sounds like he is getting very close to releasing it.

Back