• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

HID Bi-xenon kit installed in 2008 FX NytroRTX

ralger said:
Snowdog: what is the latest on the HID kit?

I just installed the DDM 55W slim ballast kit on my Nytro and having as issue when switching from High to Low beam. They turn on fine and going from Low to High beam work fine, but when going from High to Low beam they both shut off for a second before coming back on Low beam. Any ideas why they are doing that? Am I going to need to ditch these and buy your kit?
Ralger,

I have no idea why a kit would do that other than what stopdropanroll mentioned. Low quality. If this is one of the kits listed earlier in this thread for under $100 bucks or whatever they were, then chances are you have a pretty low quality unit installed. A good quality kit will in most cases set you back $200 or more. Even the manufacturer I am dealing with said there are companies out there building these things with about a 30% failure rate. That's huge. Kyle and I were talking about these as he mentioned and remember not all that long ago these things were crazy expensive. Well once all these cheapos hit the market it really brought down the prices. Problem is you have to watch what you buy now. Remember....if it's cheap there is usually a reason why!!!

As far as the kits I'm working on, yes it should be soon. I should literally have the sample harnesses any day (hoping today) They took a little longer to have made, but once I see if I am happy with the changes, they will go into production. Like the Remote Starts, I don't want to just throw something together fast. I want to improve on it where we can THEN put it out there.
Production should take about 3 to 4 weeks and then once in hand I will be ready to ship. I will have pre order info up on the site soon. www.sledstart.com

SD

Kurt,

Can the the HID's flash momentarily like when your Sled Start sends the very quick double flash signal?

I'm glad I caught this thread! I was about ready to through my money away for a (probably) low-quality el cheapo unit. Can't wait to pre-order this! Keep us updated. BTW, would it be possible to have a kit with both (4300k & 6000k) bulbs included? So we could switch between them depending on our riding situation/preference?

rxsteve said:
I'm glad I caught this thread! I was about ready to through my money away for a (probably) low-quality el cheapo unit. Can't wait to pre-order this! Keep us updated. BTW, would it be possible to have a kit with both (4300k & 6000k) bulbs included? So we could switch between them depending on our riding situation/preference?

You really won't notice a major performance difference with the two temps, they are so close in light output that the only main difference would be the color, witch IMO the 6k is too damn white and intensifies the snow to create a shadow/glare effect the 4300k is perfect for all conditions. Plus its too easy to damage these units by carring them around with you all the time. JM2C

Well, after a couple calls to DDM and now only one light is working. Needless to say, they are being sent back.

Let me know when your kits are ready, I will be the first to order. Hopefully, it will be in time for the first ride.

Thanks

Snowdog - I am very interested in buying the kit as well and can't wait to see how these look!

Hey guys...just a quick update.
I will update this when I have them. There was a small delay in getting final details buttoned up, but were in production! Holidays won't help but I will keep this thread updated when I have more info and pre-order will be on www.sledstart.com very soon.

Thanks,
SD

rxsteve said:

After much thought about this, the kits will be a 4300 kit BUT you will be able to order the 6000 bulbs separate.

Back