• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

HID Kit

Here's a quick video showing what 5K HID's look like on my sled.

Next to me is a stock Polaris Switchback 800 Pro R for comparison.

I am switching between high and low beams in the video.

I'm not happy with the high beams yet.. need some adjusting.. but, honestly, I don't think I will ever need them as awesome as the low beams work!

You can see how much further the HID's penetrate as compared to the standard bulbs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7O3ry9n980

Last edited by a moderator:

Sled Dog said:
Rockmeister said:
From what I have seen anything in the 4.3K - 6K range works well on the road.
(Anything above that and the Lumen output drops pretty quick.)
(Get ahold of me, am testing some for bikes right now.)

Right on I would like the color that is most seen on the highway during the day and gives the best light at night to see critters and deer.

The ones that are bright white with a bluish tint are 6000k 8000k are more blue but less light. 10000k are more purple and even less light. 4300-5000k are more yellowish with a slight tint of blue. Cadillac and Acura Merc BMW high end cars use 6000k Kia and stuff like that use 4300k from my experience 6000k are the brightest and look the best.

So are these using a sliding magnet to go Hi-low? I don't see HID kits on the yamaheater site???

My preference has always been the 4300-5,000 range lights. I mean a 3000 household is quite white already...

I have them in my Viper. huge improvement over stock. worth the money. ;)!

Here's a quick video showing what 5K HID's look like on my sled.

Next to me is a stock Polaris Switchback 800 Pro R for comparison.

I am switching between high and low beams in the video.

I'm not happy with the high beams yet.. need some adjusting.. but, honestly, I don't think I will ever need them as awesome as the low beams work!

You can see how much further the HID's penetrate as compared to the standard bulbs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7O3ry9n980

To me it looks like the kit in the video has a lot of issues with the beam pattern?

To me it looks like the kit in the video has a lot of issues with the beam pattern?

The high and low beam are so far apart it's almost impossible to get both set perfect. So I would get your low beams set right where you want them and leave them. I have the set that uses a magnet to go from high to low. And that's perfect! Don't have to mess with four ballasts and when you switch from high to low the light is already charged. Otherwise with the four ballast one you have to wait for the light to charge. So you kind of go with no light for 5 or so seconds, on really dim light.
On the Viper there kind of a pain in the butt. The lights are hard to get in and out. Have to unhook the lights every time you take off the hood and pretty much just one place to put the ballast.

Don't have to 7 hook the lights to take hood off. Mounted 2 ballasts no problem

You must of put them on the hood. Nice. Hope they hold. I have them right under the goggle bag. So I have to unhook a connector to take off my hood. But I also have tons of wires from the gauge. So no big deal. But unless you double face tape or what ever to the bottom of the hood, you would have to disconnect something. And I would rather that than the ballast falling and bouncing around in the engine compartment on a trip. Cause when frozen the hood sucks to take off!!

New to the forum. Forgive me if you guys have already answered this but I am wanting to install HIDs on my 2014 viper. I am looking for a place to get power without going all the way back to the battery. If I need to go to the battery I can lengthen my wire to do so. Thanks in advance!

New to the forum. Forgive me if you guys have already answered this but I am wanting to install HIDs on my 2014 viper. I am looking for a place to get power without going all the way back to the battery. If I need to go to the battery I can lengthen my wire to do so. Thanks in advance!

Contact Rockmeister he makes a quick connect patch the hook up HIDS thru the stock plugs without running new wires.

I purchased H4 bi xenon kit. I was looking for a spot to connect the positive wire. The wire wasn't long enough to reach the battery. I soldered it to length and connected to the battery. Has anyone else installed these on their viper?

Installed my Rocz hid kit and took it out for a quick night ride. Wow this kit is worth every penny spent. Easy to install and did not adjust low beam. Thanks Rocztoyz

Rock hid's are highly recommended. Not only good product he is a great asset to Ty.

2014 viper, mpi
2009 Phazer 144"

I purchased H4 bi xenon kit. I was looking for a spot to connect the positive wire. The wire wasn't long enough to reach the battery. I soldered it to length and connected to the battery. Has anyone else installed these on their viper?

I did and I extended the power wire to the battery and ran it with the wire harnes and put the inline fuse under the brace in the front right under the seat. Worked perfect and didn't have any issues.

I run HIDS on almost every vehicle I own. The only vehicles Ive had to hook up a wiring harness to the battery is on my car and truck. Havent had an issues on the sleds yet. Is any one having an issues with only run bulb turnring on sometimes? Maybe something I should consider hooking up.

I run Race Sport slim kit HIDs 8K because I like the bluer look. Picked them up for $125 from a local exclusive auto store.

Back