• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hindle exhauste

I just did some limited trail riding here in Ontario with the hurricane kit and I can honestly say there’s a big difference, pulls fast and very hard though out the rpm range, you can definitely feel the extra hp, sounds like a hyped street bike when your on the gas lol... so far im very happy with the hurricane kit, gonna be a fun year...

So it doesn’t fall on its face after you hit 150km/h?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nytro is a 160 km sled unless you add boost, I ride in northern Ontario where the trails are highways so getting up to top speed quick is a bonus and it gets their a lot quicker with Daves kit, his kit adds excellent pulling power from 0 to 160 km anything more than that you need boost.

Hey Fabio when you say sounds like hyped street bike is that with or with out the dB reducer?
I’ve had mine out a few times already. So just getting used of it again. I could just imagine what the kit would do to my sled.
Lakes are garbage rite now as most are wind blown and glare ice.
But my friends cottage lake good. Can really get the Nytro cranked.
It’s good to know that your really liking the kit.
Just makes me wanna get it sooner then later.

With the dB reducer, while riding i hear more of the motor than I do of the exhaust, that’s probably from opening up the air box so yours being charged will be quieter for sure, but I gotta say it sounds awesome when your on the throttle it just sounds so tuned and crisp, hindle have always made top notch products,
I haven’t ran it on the trails without the dB reducer but I did run it on a stand and it does have a bite to it without the reducer, not crazy loud but it’s there, I just don’t want to be hassled as my buddy got a ticket last winter for having a pipe, $260...

I did another 500 km this weekend and it’s running strong for what it is, there’s definitely a difference with the +15hp or so Dave’s kit makes, obvious it’s not like boost but someone who doesn’t want to boost their sled this kit is a great alternative, it pulls very hard and steady while holding the rpms at 8900..

With the dB reducer, while riding i hear more of the motor than I do of the exhaust, that’s probably from opening up the air box so yours being charged will be quieter for sure, but I gotta say it sounds awesome when your on the throttle it just sounds so tuned and crisp, hindle have always made top notch products,
I haven’t ran it on the trails without the dB reducer but I did run it on a stand and it does have a bite to it without the reducer, not crazy loud but it’s there, I just don’t want to be hassled as my buddy got a ticket last winter for having a pipe, $260...

I did another 500 km this weekend and it’s running strong for what it is, there’s definitely a difference with the +15hp or so Dave’s kit makes, obvious it’s not like boost but someone who doesn’t want to boost their sled this kit is a great alternative, it pulls very hard and steady while holding the rpms at 8900..

Just got my 09 this year and it pulls like a mf and hit 157km on the river around hereand it gets there quick I’m assuming it’s stock and like you mentioned when I’m on it the motor sounds amazing.im shurr the exhaust is stock how can I tell if it’s not? I see no markings on it. Guy I bought it of didn’t mention any mods when I bought it.

Nytro is a 160 km sled unless you add boost, I ride in northern Ontario where the trails are highways so getting up to top speed quick is a bonus and it gets their a lot quicker with Daves kit, his kit adds excellent pulling power from 0 to 160 km anything more than that you need boost.

That's a pretty accurate speed number...mine did 102 MPH in 1000 ft, which is 163 km/h....I don't can very recall getting much more out of it, but with the Hurrican/Hindle kit it gets there way quicker than a stock....I wish I had of radared it at that distance with the Drag n Fly clutching....I think wit was closer to 105....that set up hauled #*$&@. It pulled 5-6 plus lengths on a stocker

That's a pretty accurate speed number...mine did 102 MPH in 1000 ft, which is 163 km/h....I don't can very recall getting much more out of it, but with the Hurrican/Hindle kit it gets there way quicker than a stock....I wish I had of radared it at that distance with the Drag n Fly clutching....I think wit was closer to 105....that set up hauled #*$&@. It pulled 5-6 plus lengths on a stocker

What kind of gains would I get just doing the complete exhaust and maby air box

Hey guys new to this site and 4 strokes. Just got a 2011 Nytro xtx with 1.75 backcountry track...Also has the full hindle exhaust. My issue is I find it to loud for me..has the 16in muffler under the seat stock panels. I see people talking about a noise reducer for this set up? Sled is also clutched(barley any seat time) comes in way to hard at 4200/4300...(new belt)not sure what kit/homemade set up it is as the person bought it from a dealer 4 years ago like this and knows nothing about it other then get on and drive. wondering which kit is best etc for this..mostly trail trail rideing. What rpm should I be seeing/clutch for with this exhaust. Not sure what eles is done..noticed a stutter in the high rpm9000/9100...in powder. Thanks for any help

I had the 20” Hindle muffler and also added the db reducer which calms down the tone some.

The 20” is still hidden under the stock panels and is quieter than the 16” muffler.
Clutching can be difficult because you don’t know what the other guy has done.

Dave at hurricane performance where I got the full hindle kit and his clutch kit from had it set to 8850 peak rpms.

I also added the schmidt brothers primary rollers and primary spring to lower the engagement rpm’s which worked great with Dave’s kit..

Thanks think I will give him a call tomorrow and order the noise reducer...is it one size fits all? Are they hard to install?

Yes one size fits all and it’s very easy to install just push it into the muffler from the rear if you ever take it off you have to push it out from the end where the header is connected.

Make sure you install it the right way lol..

Mention your clutch set with Dave and he can fix those issues you are having.

Great thank's. Also getting a stutter at high rpm's...when it is around 9000/9100..overturning?

I’m not sure what could cause the stutter, I’m pretty sure the rev limiter is around 9400.

When I bought the hindle kit from Dave at hurricane he set me up with a clutch kit to keep the motor at peak power which is 8850 rpm.

Dave's full kit for the Nytro with Hindle exhaust, airbox mod, programmer and clutching will put you at 9250 RPM. My Nytro was the sled he made the kit with and that's where it builds the power at.

So with performance exhaust and air box mod I should be running close to 9200 rpm?

Back