• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

HOLTZMAN, clutching, A/F's, etc...

Be carefull what you ground it to... I'm told not to ground to chassis.

BADSLED said:
Be carefull what you ground it to... I'm told not to ground to chassis.
Why? The chassis is a great ground...no resistance whatsoever!

Check the bulletins for apex. I had no problems for over 1,000miles and then kept blowing ignition fuses. Dealer dignosed it and it was my heated visor hooked up positive to battery and ground to chassis. They claim there is only one wire you can run ground from and it's the accessory plug. I found hard to believe as well. being stranded in middle of nowhere in qubec last spring was not fun. Just trying to help you prevent future problems..

hmm, that's a strange one. I can only see that happening if you ran the accesories through the ignition fuse!! Otherwise, there is no extra load on it!

Nos you finally had to let the cat out of the bag?! I'm still hoping to get my kit also. I blew my back out and missed alot of work so my "kit" money is low. Nice pics and videos. As far as the ground goes, I'm not sure, but I've had a hell of a time last year with my shield being intermitent, I grounded to the chassis which I could never figure out why it was screwing up.

What octane fuel are you running with 75hp shot??

Here are a couple pics I took on the weekend.
The Arming Switch and the inside of the airbox!!

Attachments

• Arming switch.JPG
    Arming switch.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 219
  • nitrous installed.JPG
    nitrous installed.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 234
This weekend I will finally get to do some good testing of my clutching setup. 66gr Dalton weights, weighted to rev 10200 OFF the nitrous.
Reports from last week from my buddy indicated 143mph on the dreammeter. This was on a logging road on snow, from at about 50 mph and spraying for approx 8 secs. RPM was 10200, and on the nitrous it was just over 11000.
Should work good!!

I will likely have a couple stock Apexs to run against and my GPS and a radar gun. We will mark off 2000 feet on the lake! And let 'er rip!!

87gtNOS said:
This weekend I will finally get to do some good testing of my clutching setup. 66gr Dalton weights, weighted to rev 10200 OFF the nitrous.
Reports from last week from my buddy indicated 143mph on the dreammeter. This was on a logging road on snow, from at about 50 mph and spraying for approx 8 secs. RPM was 10200, and on the nitrous it was just over 11000.
Should work good!!

I will likely have a couple stock Apexs to run against and my GPS and a radar gun. We will mark off 2000 feet on the lake! And let 'er rip!!

just wondering where youll be heading?....if your going anywhere near me let me know...Ill be at cottage,near port sydney...I hear lots of the boys are running oxtongue in dwight...I think we will be there sunday...let me know

Dan

machzed said:
87gtNOS said:
This weekend I will finally get to do some good testing of my clutching setup. 66gr Dalton weights, weighted just wondering where youll be heading?....if your going anywhere near me let me know...Ill be at cottage,near port sydney...I hear lots of the boys are running oxtongue in dwight...I think we will be there sunday...let me know

Dan

Is one of the guys that might be running up at oxtongue the wolfman? He was telling me about some running in that area. I'm stopping in to see him Sunday am on my way to burks falls

Well, not really good conditions for testing this weekend. The lakes were slushy with about 7" of snow on them.

So I found the best spot to run and I figure it was approx 2000'. It was likely less.

The best I could run without nitrous was 99.0 mph on the GPS.

First run on the bottle netted a 113.4 mph with the track RATCHETING at 100 mph!!!!!! SO back to my uncles a mile away to tighten the track.

Second run was better, rolled on the throttle to about 50 mph then wacked it FULL!
118.6mph on the GPS!!!

Special notes...first run fuel screw set at 8 turns out. Second run it was leaner at 7.5 turns out.
Sled is revving 10600 to 10700 on nitrous. Slush seems to pull the rpm down!!

Here's the vid!!

Last edited:

Back