• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

how impressed r u?

According to the Bit Max email I received the new Apex is supposed to produce 160HP. If that is true there should be a noticable HP increase.

as i said before....a independant dyno will most likely show 157+ if not more....just got a feeling about that,and then many will be alot happier. I knew full well there would be no SC or huge amts of HP gains,that has never been yammies style.

i beleive they have addressed all the issues we all have come to know with our apexs....i think it took them alittle long but none the less they finally did it.

I think if this new apex gets on the snow next season,and is quieter(less drone) and handles perfectly flat,and walks away from a 10 or older by 2 sled lengths,and out RADARS it by 3-5mph then EVERYONE will be going out to buy one,even though the cost is astronomical....everyone will jump on bandwagon im guessing.

its not what we all wanted in the HP dept....but i think any apex rider now would love the new sled over originals.

Ill be needing a second sled next season for Lori...so she will get mine,and Ill get a new black SE and surely Gillies will be retrofitting a yamacharger for the 11s adding 20hp to the 160ish HP ,making this the most reliable hi HP trail sled out there.

I think in this economy and these ridiculous price increases,we will hopefully see LARGE LARGE incentives for sprink break buyers,it may be the only way to actually get many of us to consider buying the new improved apex....if they get it down around 11,000 with all incentives that would be alot easier to take...but at that retail price it might be alot more even with all incentives....they should be throwing in a 5 yr warranty too!

Dan

ROCKERDAN said:
as i said before....a independant dyno will most likely show 157+ if not more....just got a feeling about that,and then many will be alot happier. I knew full well there would be no SC or huge amts of HP gains,that has never been yammies style.

i beleive they have addressed all the issues we all have come to know with our apexs....i think it took them alittle long but none the less they finally did it.

I think if this new apex gets on the snow next season,and is quieter(less drone) and handles perfectly flat,and walks away from a 10 or older by 2 sled lengths,and out RADARS it by 3-5mph then EVERYONE will be going out to buy one,even though the cost is astronomical....everyone will jump on bandwagon im guessing.

its not what we all wanted in the HP dept....but i think any apex rider now would love the new sled over originals.

Ill be needing a second sled next season for Lori...so she will get mine,and Ill get a new black SE and surely Gillies will be retrofitting a yamacharger for the 11s adding 20hp to the 160ish HP ,making this the most reliable hi HP trail sled out there.

I think in this economy and these ridiculous price increases,we will hopefully see LARGE LARGE incentives for sprink break buyers,it may be the only way to actually get many of us to consider buying the new improved apex....if they get it down around 11,000 with all incentives that would be alot easier to take...but at that retail price it might be alot more even with all incentives....they should be throwing in a 5 yr warranty too!

Dan

Well said Dan, my thoughts exactly... I just put a post to Chris Reid on the blog to see if the XTX is faster then the 128". It will be faster on the bottom for sure. But if there is only a 1-2mph difference, then the XTX maybe the better sled. I also just call G-Force and they may have to adapt some changes to the charger, but they said they also may have to tweek the charger to still pull the same 20hp, but said it should be a achievable, so it would be a good 175-180hp sled.

stopdropanroll said:
I want to ride one first, I am lucky enough to have a yearly demo ride 30min away from me, so I will have to ridde one to say. As far as specs and photos ...........not very impressed, but it could be the most refined sled to date.

here is a man with intelligence. if you have not ridden it...you have NO business commenting 'wholly' on this sled being a dissapointment.
there are several other 'well thought out' posts here to. and some of you.....ugh! i'm talking about several of the threads in last day...not just this one......sorry, just venting.
internet forums can be very frustrating sometimes......
thank you...now i'm off to MUNI :Rockon:

14 grand and a new trailer????? Yamaha claims the ski stance is 48.4" center to center. Is this a misprint??? I have 2 Apex's side by side on my '04 Triton 4-place. I measure their stance at 42" each ( '07 and '09) and I have 3" between skis now. Trailer is 101.5" wide outside and 98.5" inside. At these measurements even one '11 and one '09 won't fit side by side. And in the states you can't haul a wider trailer than 102".

I'm waiting till the demo rides comes around before I form a true opinion also. I would have liked to see them up the HP to the levels of the other performance sleds from Doo and Cat and a new look would have been nice to compliment the NEW sled. The price is where I see the biggest fault, after Tax a new 2011 will be 20 Grand CDN, which is way out of reach for most people I know. I see this factor sendind alot of people over to the competition when thier sleds are better or not.

bwilly said:
14 grand and a new trailer????? Yamaha claims the ski stance is 48.4" center to center. Is this a misprint??? I have 2 Apex's side by side on my '04 Triton 4-place. I measure their stance at 42" each ( '07 and '09) and I have 3" between skis now. Trailer is 101.5" wide outside and 98.5" inside. At these measurements even one '11 and one '09 won't fit side by side. And in the states you can't haul a wider trailer than 102".

Doesn't matter, none of us can afford 1 new Apex, let alone 2!!!

all the guys that rode it seem to love it.....i just think the pricing is where yammie is gonna hurt themselves in sales....many of us will just wait and buy used im thinking.

those of you who want to try one in central ontario....many of us are riding to dwight area(oxtongue lake) to demo it next saturday 13th.....here is the link.
http://www.mthmarina.com/interest.asp

Dan

bwilly said:

My understanding is this is a misprint/wording issue. I believe that is the outside width, not C-to-C

We've all been saying it for years. Why don't they put a turbo, or supercharger as a stock part on their 150hp mill, and assert their dominance as the industry's performance leader??? This was the time. We all know the Apex rocks as is, but it would of been nice to have the other guys admitting it now too, because the only thing the other see is a hp number.

Bottom line I think is this.... They would get the money if they showed the hp... And that is what everyone is pissed about... If the hp would have been there and they fixed all the complaining issues, then yes they would still cry about the price, but it would have been paid...

There is really no reason why they can't build a trail sled/lake racer.... All the other OEM's have been doing it for years...

AGREED! Also I don't believe that the've released a weight number. Lets face it, weight is probably the #1 issue facing Yamaha's in the eyes of potential buyers. All people ever talk about is how they are so heavy, and I dont imagine they've gotten any lighter. I love my Apex, and team blue, but I really think they #*$&@ the bed here!

agree, i was expecting more than we got, it is a game changer i guess but we will have to wait till we all drive one... im gonna go from a 7/10 to a 6/10...

Back