• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How many miles do you get to a tank full

aceltx09

Expert
I have an 09 ltx 9.4 gallon tank I get between 100-130 miles to tank full, usually have throttle to the bars, so I guess thats good. Does anybody else get more or does that sound right

I've found that mileage varies quite a bit depending on the snow conditions. On a recent trip in the U.P., we rode one day in fresh snow and 100 miles was about it. On another day with hard packed trails, 140 miles and we were still good.

Of course Gerby could chime in as he has the same sled as you and ran out of petrol on day.

I ran out to thats were I get the 130mile from drove 30 miles at about 30mph with my fuel light on still couldn't make it to gas station, my buddy ran out ten miles deeper than me with his 2 smoke

120-130 miles on nice hard pack riding moderate to hard. have seen me suckin on fumes after 90 mile riding to the bar. but ohhhhh so fun!!! :rocks:

Typically I get 130-150 miles from a tank, riding somewhat conservatively. I get 16-17 mpg when I check it.

On a side note, my RX-1 with the carbs actually recorded better mileage...usually 17-18, tickling 20 mpg at times on long, straight, steady rides north of the border.

200-225 km almost routinely (125-140 miles), unless breaking trail. I run with 2-strokes, so fill ups depend on them. To heavy to push, so I top up when I can.

apex55 said:
My light goes on around 110 miles or 1 bar. I've never pushed it beyond that.

Yep, my 06' GT is the same here. At 110 miles I am searching for fuel. I don't let it get there if I can help it. I top off at every stop I can. There could be nothing worse than hoofing it miles out of the woods at 10PM because you ran out of gas.

Back