• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How many of the original 03 RX-1M guys are still out there?

I got to ride it the 19th and 20th at the grass drags. Igot first place in two classes and a second place against this guy.

Attachments

• 09 races.jpg
    09 races.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 154

Frostbite said:
Nice! What was the other sled?
It was a 800 three cyl open mod sled that weighs about 350 pounds. His best time of the weekend was a 5.29 and mine was a 5.44 with a .914 reaction time on that run. I got my reaction time down to a .557 which woud have given me a low 5 sec time if I had that with my best run.

I still have my '03. I still enjoy it too much to get rid of. Added a future sledder to the "Butcher" clan on Sept. 25th :Rockon: . Maybe someday he will get the SCRX-1 and I'll buy a new sled for myself :drink: .

Jim

Attachments

• 016.JPG
    016.JPG
    542.8 KB · Views: 134
  • d 048.JPG
    d 048.JPG
    415.8 KB · Views: 116
Frosty I miss my 03 RXM...... it definitely kept me busy in the garage and I was happy with the end result..... but then MPI intrigued me and my 04 RX shorty with a super charger needed to be long tracked... then I traded it in on the new chassis and got my FX Nytro MTX which I continue to ride..... also tried a Phazer MTX as well, what a blast. Looking for another now, as the boy needs to move up from his Mountain Max.

The Nytro needs some attention, possibly some help from MPI. Added floats a little clutching....but there will be some changes this year.

Just bought a low-mile stock 07 Vector Mountain yesterday, and it starts again!

Attachments

• IMG_0007.JPG
    IMG_0007.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 117
  • P1000494.JPG
    P1000494.JPG
    126 KB · Views: 143
  • DSC00700.jpg
    DSC00700.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 115
I was going to buy a new Yamaha but once again, they didn't release the lightweight sled I was looking for once again in 2010.

Shockingly, after years of bad mouthing Cats. I ended up buying a 2009 M8 Sno Pro after being scared away by all the engine related issues with the 09 Polaris 800 and Skidoo 800 engines.

The Arctic Cat dealer just blew me away with his offer. A brand new 2009 Sno Pro right out of the crate with a new SLP single pipe, can and y pipe installed, with a Boss seat, a two year warranty delivered to my shop by their technician with a full explanation and mentoring and how to session on how to speak Cat. All of that for UNDER $8,000 out the door.

Then two days later the 2010 Cats came out with WAY more horsepower! :o|

So, I sent my cylinders and head off to SLP this summer. They sent them back with their preprogrammed Power Commander III fuel controller and a promise of 170 hp for my new sled, which is somewhere in the vicinity of the 425-440 lb.

I still have my RX-1 with conflicting visions between keeping it as a backup sled or selling it. I can promise you I will NOT part it out as I see so many others have done. My RX-1 still means an awful lot to me. I may have it for sale (not on this forum where someone might actually buy it) but, the jury is still out as to if I can actually part with it for what seems like peanuts compared to the time and money I have put into the sled to make it work so well. I'm convinced with a little TLC they will live forever.

Long live the RX-1

I bought mine back today.
It looks rough, and the starter is not talking to me.
I am hoping it is a simple fix, but has that ever happened to anyone?
I am going to do a biopsy tomorrow, see if I can figure things out.
Pics after I do the makeover.

Here is what it looked like before the belt driven blow dryer.
rear20left.jpg

Back