• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How many vipers with starters going bad?

Ya that's a concern for sure, it ground once and then started, the next time it didn't start, so it has been ran. Engine has to be pulled for that I'm assuming?

Anyone know if Nytros had this issue?

Mine went last year with less then 100 miles on it. Obviously warranty covered it but was disappointed. Especially after having violent leaking issues prior. Fingers crossed no more issues. Debating now wether I should get ecu reflash. Never had hot dmstart prob.

That's where I'm at too, my sled definitely had some starting issues last year, not necessarily hot start, just inconsistent, but it always started. So should I stick with that or have the reflash done and have no starting issues or potentially have more starting issues

I would be more confortable if all places will be cleaned. I already saw in a post a guy who had the same issue and the dealer had to remove the motor .

That's where I'm at too, my sled definitely had some starting issues last year, not necessarily hot start, just inconsistent, but it always started. So should I stick with that or have the reflash done and have no starting issues or potentially have more starting issues
Yeah I heard some people having issues after ecu reflash. So debating whether I should bother since I have never had issues. More info appreciated.

happened to my red viper in my profile pic when the dealer went to do the update. All the crap ended up in the oil pan. Dealer give me a good price for it so I traded it for a 2015 rtx dx. Poor design really

I would be more confortable if all places will be cleaned. I already saw in a post a guy who had the same issue and the dealer had to remove the motor .

I would want that engine completely cleaned out. May as well Shim and stud the head for 10psi while it's out of the sled Studroes !

my timing was all screwed up and had to bring the warranty rep in to deal with it. The sled is still in pieces waiting for parts back ordered. Glad I traded

I am scared every time I turn the key now..lol

Back